Main Menu

AAR grill

Started by cuda hunter, December 14, 2017, 09:44:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

So, what is an original survivor black complete AAR grill worth? 

As most of you might know I have an m46, the other black out barracuda. 

I know there are reproductions available that are far better plastic, but I'm a fan of original equipment as I'm not doing a restoration necessarily.  yet.

so, value of an unbroken complete aar grill? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

2 K  ?? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

$2K is very optimistic in my opinion....there are still a few people who demand original parts only be put on their car, but I think that number is dwindling. Unless someone wants to buy yours. just wash and detail it for a survivor :dunno:

If I had a customer wanting only "original parts" on his fresh restoration, your grill would need a full restoration as well which is a lot of time....by the time I'm done my customer has spent three times the cost of a beautiful new reproduction one that I could have just bolted in. :alan2cents: 

Then you have the "driver" crowd, who don't want to spend $2K on anything.... :looney:

Tough sale at that price in my opinion. :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

It's not mine.  Considering the purchase but not sure what the value is on a survivor black grill. 

Do you think 1K?  Or is it not worth that much at all since you do restorations and a new one is waaay easier for a restoration. 

71GranCoupe

Is the picture of what is going to be included. Specifically the header panel, parking light assemblies along with the head light surrounds along with the grill and all the stainless trim? If the entire package as shown is in good conditions, no major cracks, breaks, etc. I would think 1K would be a fair price. With that in mind, the lights need to work, no cracks or hazing in the lenses and the header panel should only need to be stripped and prepped for painting.  :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

no header panel or valance.  Just the grill and all the parts seen on it.  Supposedly no cracks at all.

Katfish

What makes an "AAR" grill different from any other 70 Cuda grill? We

cuda hunter

AAR grills and M46 grills came with a black argent instead of the silver argent.
They are the only black out grills that were put on cars in 70.   

Unless someone can tell me different.  Would like to know if there are other cars that got this treatment.
Aside from a color keyed front TX9 grill. 

anlauto

I'm the wrong person to ask, because with the quality of the reproductions I would never give anywhere close to $1K for an old used original....I would say $300-$400 if I was selling it. :alan2cents:

I'm restoring a TX9 V code Cuda right now and I have to "fix" up the original grill.....I would much rather just put a new reproduction one in there.... :pullinghair: not in the budget :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

Alan, I totally understand your point of view. 
So, is't fixing the original grill on the V code more costly than just purchasing a new one and painting it?
Seems a budget would call for a new grill at the prices they are available for.

And I have a really hard time considering paying more than 500 bucks since there are so many reproduction grills available at great prices. 

HEMICUDA

All Grand Coupes had black plastic grilles painted argent. 

There were only x2 different reproduction 70 Cuda grilles made, they're significantly different.  Everyone on ebay is selling the one made by Goodmark, once all the Chrysler inventory sold out, no one has the other grille except the company that originally made them and they're not on ebay with any seller. 

One has all the detail as an original, parking lights fit all the way in, and the brass inserts in the mounting feet for the buckets are there with the part number and Penta Star on all the parts.  That company also made the black plastic grille for the AAR, the only one on the planet.  I know the owner very well, I sleep her. :inlove:

anlauto

Quote from: HEMICUDA on December 16, 2017, 06:44:45 AM

There were only x2 different reproduction 70 Cuda grilles made, they're significantly different.  Everyone on ebay is selling the one made by Goodmark, once all the Chrysler inventory sold out, no one has the other grille except the company that originally made them and they're not on ebay with any seller. 

One has all the detail as an original, parking lights fit all the way in, and the brass inserts in the mounting feet for the buckets are there with the part number and Penta Star on all the parts.  That company also made the black plastic grille for the AAR, the only one on the planet.  I know the owner very well, I sleep her. :inlove:

@HEMICUDA  Can you ask her what the future status of the grill is ?  Are we still in a "once they're gone....they're gone" status ? Any idea how many black, and how many argent of her grills might still be available to be purchased ? 

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on December 16, 2017, 07:32:36 AM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on December 16, 2017, 06:44:45 AM

@HEMICUDA  Can you ask her what the future status of the grill is ?  Are we still in a "once they're gone....they're gone" status ? Any idea how many black, and how many argent of her grills might still be available to be purchased ?

She said less than x15 AAR grille assemblies left and about the same grey grilles w/o trim are left.  Maybe x20 sets of parking light lenses left, none of these parts will be reproduced again.

RUNCHARGER

Alan: You better stock up.
Sheldon