Main Menu

Real clean 1974 Cuda

Started by anlauto, April 05, 2017, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Really great car, too bad they didn't check off the box for a 360  :brainiac: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/markham-york-region/1974-plymouth-cuda/1252615737?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I just flipped though my old photo albums and found a picture I took of it in 1989, twenty-eight years ago... :takealook:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

cool car. rarely see the 'Dealer Installed Half Factory Vinyl Roof '
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

cataclysm80

Yep, that's a nice one.
Is that shift lever original?  I've heard that some 1974's came with the 1970 shifter instead of the T-handle.  It's neat to see another example.

anlauto

Yup...in 1974 they all came with a 70 style ball shifter.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on April 05, 2017, 06:05:22 PM
Yup...in 1974 they all came with a 70 style ball shifter.

The Challengers also or just the Cudas?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

blown motor

Really? I never knew that! So the T handle in mine is not original. I'm starting to think that there's not much in my car that's original. Maybe it wasn't even a Rallye car.  :dunno:

Burdar

QuoteReally? I never knew that! So the T handle in mine is not original. I'm starting to think that there's not much in my car that's original. Maybe it wasn't even a Rallye car.

Yep, there are some interesting 74 only details.  The shifter being one of them. 

Check your fender tag for the code A57.  That's the Rallye package code.

blown motor

The fender tag is gone. But I love driving it just the same.  :D

MOPAR FANATIC

Quote from: ec_co on April 05, 2017, 02:51:13 PM

8) Rarely???I Have NEVER seen an e-body with one.so ec-co,i take it they never left the factory with these correct?then later installed at a dealership?i had a '71 triple black charger years ago with one and looked good on b-bodies,just doesn't look right on a e-body, maybe because I never seen one.  :notsure:

ec_co

Quote from: MOPAR FANATIC on April 06, 2017, 06:27:20 AM

8) Rarely???I Have NEVER seen an e-body with one.so ec-co,i take it they never left the factory with these correct?then later installed at a dealership?i had a '71 triple black charger years ago with one and looked good on b-bodies,just doesn't look right on a e-body, maybe because I never seen one.  :notsure:

in the last few years this is the 3rd barracuda I've seen with dealer installed 1/2 roof, the other 2 were complete projects but still had the 1/2 roof trim. from my understanding there was never a factory 1/2 roof option, it was either dealer installed or 3rd party aftermarket (like JC Whitney). A and B bodies had them as factory options, not sure about C bodies.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

MOPAR FANATIC

Quote from: ec_co on April 06, 2017, 06:56:46 AM
Quote from: MOPAR FANATIC on April 06, 2017, 06:27:20 AM

in the last few years this is the 3rd barracuda I've seen with dealer installed 1/2 roof, the other 2 were complete projects but still had the 1/2 roof trim. from my understanding there was never a factory 1/2 roof option, it was either dealer installed or 3rd party aftermarket (like JC Whitney). A and B bodies had them as factory options, not sure about C bodies.

:handshake: lEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY ON THIS SITE. :ohyeah:

Rev-It-Up

Yep Pixie's Duster has a white 1/2 vinyl top going back on.  Should look sweet!
Rev-It-Up

soundcontrol

Nice car! Not a fan of the split vinyl top though.