Main Menu

unrestored hemi cuda almost

Started by dodgemania, April 01, 2018, 11:45:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudino

Quote from: Topcat on April 09, 2018, 07:38:11 PM
@Cudino has the Pink Hemicuda stripe delete and now these.

Since the 1970 V6X "hockey stick" stripe was only available in Black it may not have been ordered based on the color combo of the rest of the car.  In the case of my pink Hemicuda, the original owners felt the black stripe would conflict with the white vinyl top and interior, so they chose not to order it.

- Wade

floorit426

Quote from: Topcat on April 09, 2018, 07:38:11 PM
@Cudino has the Pink Hemicuda stripe delete and now these.

So I'm thinking stripe delete in 70' was pretty rare?
the stripe.

My recollection is that, back in the day, there weren't very many cars WITH the stripe. At least, not in my neck of the woods.

6bblgt

1970:
'cuda's OPTIONAL "sport stripes" V6X (BLACK ONLY) $25.90 & installation rate was ~24% (~1 in 4)
'cuda's OPTIONAL "protective body side moulding w/pinstripes" V5_ (available in red, white, blue, green, black) $29.45 & installation rate was ~20% (~1 in 5)
'cuda's OPTIONAL "TRANS AM" package A53 included V6H "AAR strobe stripes" (BLACK ONLY) & installation rate was ~16% (~1 in 6)
'cuda's OPTIONAL mid-year "strobe stripes" V4_ (available in magenta, chartreuse, white, black) $25.90 & installation rate was very low

that leaves ~40% 1970 'cudas (BS) with no stripes (~2 in 5)  :cheers:

RzeroB

I think Dan must have been either a statistician or an account at some point in his life ...  :D
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Topcat

Quote from: RzeroB on April 11, 2018, 04:39:04 PM
I think Dan must have been either a statistician or an account at some point in his life ...  :D

No he's a CMPA.

Certified Mopar Production Accountant.  :D

RUNCHARGER

Interesting: In my area just about all of them had the stripe. I am sure it was the dealer ordering them unsold that contributed to that. Almost no local Cudas had the side molding but a lot of the local Barracudas did.
Sheldon