Main Menu

1970 Challenger A01 Light Option

Started by kent_goins, February 14, 2017, 10:02:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Is anyone doing restorations on the cruise control servo?

screamindriver

I'm not aware of anyone restoring the servo...Are those yours Randy ??? I didn't know you had those...I just bought an NOS servo for this project...The NOS unit I bought doesn't have the "MANIFOLD" script stamped on the cover  I may need to use the old one or stamp it...

1 Wild R/T

It's mine, I've had a few N88 cars & currently I have cruise on my vert, it's not coded for it but I like it & I had parts that are close enough that you'd need to be very knowledgable to tell... And since I drive it I really done care if it's "correct"...  I picked up a complete NOS dealer install kit on Ebay back around 2000 for $25.....  Not really that long ago but parts were still a lot more reasonable...

cataclysm80

Quote from: Dakota on July 04, 2018, 02:11:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestion @cataclysm80.   I've sent them an email to see what can be done.   If I'm able to pick up some of the bullet connectors from them, I'll take care of the rest.  To this point, I've not been able to find a bullet connector that is the same diameter as what's on the stock wiring.

I've ran into that before. 
On my second E body, I pieced together the entire wiring harness from leftover scraps from different E bodies, and whatever I could find at the local auto parts store. 
While I certainly wouldn't do it that way again, I do recall modifying the crimp on bullet connectors to work.  The can be pried open wider or crushed a little as needed.   It's not pretty, but as a last resort it works just fine.

Another option would be scrounging them from old bad harnesses.

Dakota

Quote from: cataclysm80 on July 03, 2018, 11:51:58 PM

If you contact M&H directly, there's a decent chance that they can make the extra harness parts you need.
They don't regularly offer reproductions of everything due to a limited supply of some of the required parts for making these sub harnesses.
They probably already have the blueprints required for making these harnesses, but if they don't, you can send them your original and they will reverse engineer it to create a set of blueprints for future reference.

Darrin from M&H responded to an email I sent, which led to a  phone conversation with him.   Darrin looked up the bullet connectors on one of their drawings.   He told me that the connectors are typically injection molded when the harnesses are assembled, but they are not available as a "pigtail" for purchase from them.  He looked up the size of the connector (0.180") and then helped me locate a couple of sources on the internet (local AutoZone only carries 0.157")   I have to say that I was really impressed by how helpful he was between the email and during the 20 minute phone conversation.

I tried to splice in the old connectors to new wires, but found that some of the old remaining wire was damaged from being overloaded so I ended up buying new bullet connectors too.   Uninsulated 0.180" connectors were relatively easy to find on eBay.   I ended up buying a box of 50 from Casey Electric Supply for just under $10 total (including shipping).   Two layers of heat shrink were applied to the ends of the new connectors after they were crimped and soldered.

Gary

On a 70 Charger AO1 option with the headlight delay.  Does anyone have a picture of the dash so I can see were the decal goes.
Asked on the B-Body sight but no one seemed to know.

Dakota

Quote from: Gary on July 30, 2018, 10:35:24 AM
On a 70 Charger AO1 option with the headlight delay.  Does anyone have a picture of the dash so I can see were the decal goes.
Asked on the B-Body sight but no one seemed to know.

ECS (www.ecsautomotive.com) sells the sticker for the headlight.   This is the location information that's included in their part description:  "This decal is located above the headlight switch on the front face of the instrument panel."   I saw a picture on this site of one of these stickers installed but couldn't find it.

screamindriver

Here's one... I can get a better pic if you need one... EDIT: I see you asked for charger not challenger..sorry

Gary

Thanks guys,  Tom at ECS didn't know.  I got a response on the Charger registry site saying Chargers didn't have the decal. :dunno: It seems odd that they would put them on E bodies but not on B bodies, at least not on Chargers.

Sir Keppa

Hi everyone,
I am newly registered to the forum but I am a long time reader here.

Have been active on FEBO since I bought a 70' Challenger (R/T, 383, 4-spd, go mango, stripe and vinyl deleted) and shipped it to Germany where I life.

From the fender tag the car came with the A01 light package but at some point in its life it was parted out or badly restored idk...
Anyway - some of the factory options have been removed like the A63 SE trim option, the 8-track radio and a few other ones.
I managed to get hands on a very good SE tail light panel but I am still looking for the fasteners and a SE valance trim.

The dash harness is still the original one but some wires are cut or gone.
I would really love to get the factory options back like the A01 package and already bought the switch panel light, the AC controls light, ignition light and ordered the 2889565 delay relay.

What's missing right now is the diode and the A01 harness peace which has been cut at the pink wire.

So I am looking for a map light harness and a (new, complete) diode to buy here.
I haven't checked if my glove box light is missing, but my reverse indicator is - so I am interested in those two parts too.
It seems the previous owner disliked all the lights in that car...
Global is the new local!

Cuda Cody

Sir Keppa

Hi Cody,

you are right - I could make my own one of course.
But I cant get hands on one of these correct connectors here in Germany that easy.
I thought if there is someone like @sreamingdriver who can make a very good and clean looking diode I would buy it.
Shipped in a small polstered letter it should not be expensive at all.

The other way would be try looking for all those connectors I need and make my own diode and lamp harness.
But I would also be dependent on you guys here.
Global is the new local!

Cratos

is there anyone that sells the A01 kit? I would like to put it  to my 70Rt before I put the dash back in:)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cratos

thanks I got the titel glovebox and trunk lights from him . great guy to deal with :) happy new Year to all!!