Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT Trunk Light Assembly

Started by kent_goins, October 27, 2017, 05:31:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Hey guys:
Am looking for a good used or NOS trunk light assembly for my 70 Challenger RT restoration. Anybody got one complete with wires, etc...Would really like NOS still in the box but will take what I can get. Point me in the right direction please if you know of someone who has this.

Thanks!

Kent G

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Roadman on October 27, 2017, 06:42:53 AM
:rebelflag"               https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-TRUNK-LIGHT-SET-1970-71-72-73-74-CUDA-CHALLENGER/162721313576?hash=item25e2f23328:g:ILcAAOSwHMJYFq2Z&vxp=mtr

Thats a 72-74 light with the wrong clip & a 70-71 light connector thats had a completely wrong adapter connection added.... He states it's been replated but it still doesn't look very clean, my originals are nicer than that... $165???? Ok... So whats the right part worth?  I might have to part my car out... :rofl:

Roadman

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 27, 2017, 08:01:50 AM
Quote from: Roadman on October 27, 2017, 06:42:53 AM
:rebelflag"               https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-TRUNK-LIGHT-SET-1970-71-72-73-74-CUDA-CHALLENGER/162721313576?hash=item25e2f23328:g:ILcAAOSwHMJYFq2Z&vxp=mtr

Thats a 72-74 light with the wrong clip & a 70-71 light connector thats had a completely wrong adapter connection added.... He states it's been replaced but it still doesn't look very clean, my originals are nicer than that... $165???? Ok... So whats the right part worth?  I might have to part my car out... :rofl:
Thanks Wild, this is the kind of stuff I need to know when searching for parts. Disregard my link   :haha:

6bblgt

don't worry about posting links similar to this one, with the knowledge base here we all learn from others comments on parts/pieces/details

as far as price - the norm for professional sellers seems to be "ask the moon", if someone needs it to finish a project (and can't find another) they'll have to pay the price

MikeMikeMike

Wow! I had to go back and look at my eBay purchases but if its the same one that goes into the cuda, I paid $30 for one and another $30 for a second one just a few months ago (including shipping)... and then discovered my original hidden in the box of wires  :Thud:
If you're interested let me know and I'll look for them. I believe they both worked when attached to a volt meter. Both were in used condition.
Mike

I should add that mine are for a '71 cuda.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340
'71 International Harvester Scout II

1 Wild R/T

What it should look like.. Couldn't find a good shot of the clip for the wire..

MikeMikeMike

Yup, here's mine, going through pictures on a friday. I remember now.. one switch didn't work and the other one had a mashed wire so I spliced the good wire on the good socket. Should have probably just replaced the whole wire but lost interest soon after finding my original.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340

Roadman

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 27, 2017, 10:13:10 AM
What it should look like.. Couldn't find a good shot of the clip for the wire..
Cool. Now were they turned with a mercury switch.  ?

MikeMikeMike

Yup. From what I've read, it should be a mercury switch inside. I sat there for a while trying to angle these things this way and that to see where they 'switched' from on to off.
'71 Cuda Convertible 340

1 Wild R/T

Yes mercury switch...   Proper clip is split between the two mounting tabs

MikeMikeMike

Thanks Wild. I've been wondering what a close up of that clip looks like.  :twothumbsup:
'71 Cuda Convertible 340

Jay Bee

kent_goins

To MikeMikeMike:
I would be willing to buy yours if it has all the wires and is generally complete and works. I can do minor repairs or wire replacement as well. I guess the 70 was unique with a black wire. Let me know

KG

Floyd