Main Menu

71 Cuda Bulkhead wiring position #23 ? Cuda Wiring expert help[ needed

Started by 71violetcuda, August 18, 2022, 02:40:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71violetcuda

Hello All, Finally getting some time to work on the wiring...I cannot find in any diagram so far,..cavity #23 looking from inside the car at the bulkhead connector, there is a violet with white tracer wire along with the blue with white tracer.The violet/white tracer wire is the one that i cannot find where it terminates.The blue with white got really hot at some point( bad alt I'm guessing)as the coating is melted,but the violet wire looks fine.Both wires look OE ,never messed with.
The blue with white wire goes to a junction on the diagram with a 4 in a diamond box, and I have yet to find that junction location. Trying to do this w/o pulling the dash.Any thoughts on either  ?   Many thx in advance ! :)

71 Barracuda orig. 383 4spd, now has 440 converted to elect ign.

71vert340

I looked at 2 spare 70/71 Challenger wiring harnesses I have and maybe they are the same. The #23 wire is a blue with white tracer. The electrical junction was about 6" from the two halves of the bulkhead block and fuse block. One leg of the blue/white wire goes to the plug for steering column connection. One leg goes to back of fuse block and the 3rd leg goes to the back of bulkhead block. They may be the same as a Cuda and this info may help you.
Terry W.

71violetcuda

Thx for taking the time Terry !!  That helps with the blue/white tracer wire. Still would like to know where the violet/white tracer is supposed to end up. Guess I might be spending some w/ my DVOM meter under the dash. Ugh 

71vert340

I checked my wiring harnesses and the purple with white tracer goes from position 15 on the block to the foot dimmer switch. A purple wire with no tracer go from position 21 to the temperature sender/gauge.  I hope that helps. Easy enough with a volt/ohmmeter to check continuity of purple wire to either place.
Terry W.