Main Menu

Is YearOne still only supplier for M&H wiring harness?

Started by Katfish, August 23, 2022, 03:50:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

I need the dash wiring harness, $700 at YO, discount exempt. 70 Challenger w/gauges
I found another supplier that's almost $100 less, same exact PN and description.
Anyone used these guys, Mrmoparts, before?

https://www.mrmoparts.net/products/dash-harness-1970-plymouth-and-dodge-e-body-w-rallye-gauges.html

JH27N0B

I am not familiar with them.  There have been several vendors that sell M&H.  I got several M&H wiring harnesses from Megaparts, who are a great vendor.
I also got harnesses from Year One some years back and was able to use their discounts.  I wonder why that changed?

69BFan

Year One has locked down M&H into a contract on their Chrysler line of wiring harnesses.  No matter what vendor that you choose to purchase a M&H Chrysler harness through, it is ultimately coming through Year One.

At one time, Year One would not sell the harnesses to competing businesses, but they have changed that policy and now have a certain group of vendors that they will sell to.  They have also changed the policy that the harnesses are discount exempt as mentioned.

Also take into consideration that even prior to Covid and all of the supply chain issues, the wait time for a harness could be a month or more.  Now the wait time for a harness can be multiple months if it is not on the shelf.

So when placing an order and time is critical, then you better verify that the part is actually in stock and ready to ship, no matter who you might order from.  We have been selling a limited number of the M&H/Year One harnesses and delivery times can be three to four months.

The other source would be Bill Evans.  The Evans harnesses are not quite as correct and they do not have the coverage of applications as M&H, but the pricing is cheaper.  Lead times are also better, but still most of the harnesses are built to order, so you may still be waiting a couple of weeks.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

Yea, before buying anything on line it's good practice to pick up the phone and see if they actually have stock. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

My M&H dash harness took about 7 months to get (ordered spring of last year). My application is a 71 rallye gauge harness.
I got lucky and was able to use the 30% off before they were made discount exempt.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Katfish