Main Menu

New wiring harness

Started by 70Barracuda, April 02, 2017, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70Barracuda

Thinking about buying a new harness.  I see they come in points or electronic.  Since I switched over to electronic years ago this must be the one? 

Anyone get one?  Opinions?
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

Chryco Psycho

Year one /MH make the most accurate harnesses ,I recommend using electronic even  though it never came fro the factory with it You can buy a harness with electronic provision but a lot of people hide the ECU elsewhere you you still may want to modify the harness . Evans Wiring is second best as n option .

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I've always just got the stock one and added the Electronic Ignition myself.  That way I can go back to points if someone wants it and I can hide the Control Box anywhere I want.  With that said, I've never order the new wiring harness with the electronic ignition built in.  I might be making a bunch more work for myself that I could avoid.   :notsure:

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 02, 2017, 11:20:31 PM
:iagree:  I've always just got the stock one and added the Electronic Ignition myself.  That way I can go back to points if someone wants it and I can hide the Control Box anywhere I want. 

:iagree:  Making the box less visible is nice.  Depending on the car, switching back to points may be a tough call.  From my experience, once you go electronic you'll not want to switch back.   :alan2cents:

Have you considered the Pertronix Ignitor option?

Chryco Psycho

I would not  waste the $$ on Pertronics I have seen too many problematic ones .
Of course if you use the factory ECU use only the chrome box or RevNator , the orange boxes do not seem to be very reliable now

HP_Cuda

If you plan on going with an MSD box then I'd order the regular harness as it's much easier to hook up.

:ohyeah:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200