Main Menu

Alternator

Started by cudamadd, April 22, 2023, 04:05:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Thinking of a replacement round back Alternator from summit.  Question I am trying to keep this thing as original looking as possible. What do you guys think about remanufactured alternators .?  Or  just spend the money and buy a new one ? I have never purchased any thing from summit so not sure which way to go . Thank you for any suggestions  :australia:

Lunchbox

Would like to hear thoughts on this also.

anlauto

I've used a lot of those round back Powermaster alternators from Summit, they look good, work good, no issues so far...I usually paint the pulley black  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

I'm running the Powermaster retro roundback dual pulley. I installed it about 2 years ago with no issues.
My car is a small block with AC and PS. I needed an alternator with higher output than stock to accomodate the Holley Sniper EFI and in tank fuel pump.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

moreparts

I've been using a Power Master for a few years too.  Did the same thing with painting the pulley black.  It looks great and it works very well.  That said, after I get my numbers alternator back it'll be going up for sale.

chaps70rt

I am running the same ....... have Holley Sniper EFI complete set up with in tank fuel pump for a 440-4BBL.   Needs the extra charge to run consistently from all accounts and research.    No issues to date.
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi