Main Menu

Colored wiring diagrams - 70 Cuda/Challenger

Started by shawge, April 04, 2017, 08:02:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

:clapping:  :worship:  :clapping:  :worship:

Quote from: shawge on May 04, 2017, 10:19:42 AM
Added more 72 Barracuda diagrams. Finishing up on the rallye and engine diagrams.

61K T/A

Thanks for the color! Makes another job on the cars easier to do  :bigthumb:

CamasCuda

thanks,  just finishing up the engine compartment, thought I took pictures of everything as I went through the tear down.  but  this blue wire (seen in photo) escapes me,  any thoughts?  please.    the plastic clip makes me think it goes along the fender well someplace.  not the oil pressure sensor, not the thermostat, not the windshield pump motor, not the horns,.... maybe for an option for something I never had.  70 aar cuda

shawge

AC low pressure switch? That seems like the only blue wire that would match. See if it the wire goes directly to a bulkhead connector.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Cuda Cody

CamasCuda

thanks,  appreciated.   no solenoid on my intake, must have been taken off.  no wonder I couldn't fine what it plugged into too!  looks like the bracket and solenoid is missing.   i'll go track something down

bob

Cuda Cody

I see you have the idle solenoid bracket, but not the solenoid.

chargerdon

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 04, 2017, 08:49:40 PM
This is the coolest!!!!  MAN, nice work!   :clapping:

This is front light harness with relays is from @chal340    :bravo:   Here's what he said about the diagram he made:

"I put one relay for low beam and one double relay for the high beam. (you can put 2, 1 for outside high beam and 1 for inside ) You can see schematic of the harness and of the relay."

Man..those are fantastic..   could you add in the diagrams for a base 1974 Challenger??   

shawge

I'll see what I can do.  Might be a few weeks - got a lot going on right now.
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

WinstonWolfePF

Thank you for this!

One comment I have... it looks like you did everything right by following the diagram color labels... but I think the actual diagram might be wrong...

On the sixth diagram titled " ralley_wiring_1_web.jpg ", it seems like they got the ammeter wires switched around. On mine (and every one I've seen), the red is on the left (and labeled as such on the actual cluster), and the black is on the right.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the case.

Just a word to the wise. Thanks again!

Also, one question... Why does the bulkhead in those pictures have an extra bank of connections? Mine only has 24 available spots, and two don't have any connectors in them. I'm a newbie here so sorry if that's a stupid question. Are the numbered the same way except for the 25-32?

Cuda Cody

A big thank you to @06Daytona   :thankyou:  for providing this 1971 Plymouth Barracuda & Cuda Wiring Diagram.   :banana:

Moparkin

shawge

A really good discussion (lots of pics and diagrams) of the A01 light option

Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

johnr

:yes:  Way Cool; Most awesome! Thanks so very much for sharing. This will make a tedious job so much easier for a lot of folks.
--  johnr  --

soccernut43

Nice work.  Saved me quite a bit of work even though I'm color blind lol (still think it should be a recognized disability lol. Course what color to make the placard you hang from the mirror).

Can anybody tell me what this symbol is supposed to be?  I've got a pulsing test light on the wire going to the fuel sending unit.  In other drawings it shows a Low Fuel Relay but I think that may be an option.  Course also what are "Courtesy Lights"?  I found those on drawings to. 

Thanks!  This group is the best.