Main Menu

Cuda 3 speed wiper arms wont park correctly

Started by Meyer, November 14, 2020, 04:12:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I think the system is working fine and the wiper arm is just hanging up on the stainless...common problem ...tweak the wiper blade to give it more of an arc. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ns1aar

Quote from: Ns1aar on November 17, 2020, 09:02:26 AM
The linkage that goes between the two wiper transmissions has a tab on the end marked R,  make sure the tab is 90deg to the rest or the arm it can hit the pivot and stop the parking early
[/quot

This was another fix for this problem. You may need to pull everything out and start over inspecting them as you go.

Meyer

Ns1aar

The linkage that goes between the two wiper transmissions has a tab on the end marked R

You would have to remove the linkage and pivots to see it

Jay Bee

This is the tab that Ns1aar is referring to.
If everything is assembled correctly I personally think you have worn brass bushings that are worn just enough to have the blades hang up on 2mm of "lifted"  stainless trim. I know you said there's no wear on the bushings but if they're not new then there will be wear, it doesn't take much.

TGGodfrey

@Meyer send me a video of the wipers running, slow speed is fine.  Hood up makes it easier to see where they stop at the bottom.  815-509-5796 if its easier to send directly vs PM

Meyer

Meyer

I have a nos link arm from crank arm to pivot. And there were no slop in the center arm between pivots

I think its the stainless that makes the trouble. Just cant see how a 2mm gap should make the motor not park the wipers , these motors are powerfull...

Meyer

TGGodfrey

@Meyer

Ok easy solution.  Turn your wipers on, let them go to the off position.  Remove the arms and reinstall them in the correct parked position.  When you watch the video you sent me, the arms are not coming down as far as they should.  You other picture with them all the way up shows they are traveling a little higher, that tells me your bushings appear ok and its not a linkage issue.

Terry

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

TGGodfrey

i think the video has to be hosted to a site like youtube and then linked here.

anlauto

That video link worked thank you for taking the time to set that up...Makes answering his question a lot easier.  :twothumbsup:

Like I said eight days ago, and now you've suggested it...just adjust the arms on the pivots. ;)

BUT BEFORE doing that, I would suggest what I said three days ago...bend the center section of the metal wiper blade to give it more of a curve, it looks flat in his video. By tweaking the wiper blade, you'll raise the arm up enough to clear the stainless steel trim in my opinion, that's all it will take :alan2cents: