Main Menu

For the first time in 40 years....

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, May 19, 2024, 08:08:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

I need to buy a battery! Ok, crazy I know, but let me explain....  As some of you know I'm an auto recycler (used late model parts dealer in reality). Every time NIKKI has needed a battery I would just grab a battery out of the yard and done. NIKKI is not number match/show car/everything need to be correct/ect. So a battery from a Caravan/Jeep or my fav - Ford pickup always worked well for me. The issue is, I only buy "late model", none of my current inventory has a battery in the correct configuration. Also CCA is an issue... 4/6 cyl vehicles don't require much in the line of CCA. 426 HEMI has needs that they wont meet. So what are you running?  :notsure:  :help:       

blown motor

A few years ago some buddies dropped by and we were going for a drive. The Challenger wouldn't start. Dead battery. Couldn't even boost it. Fortunately my battery is in the trunk. So I robbed a battery out of one of the farm tractor and used it. It measured about 9" high x maybe 8" wide x about 20-24" long. It had p both posts on one end so I set the beast in the trunk, hooked up the cables and away we went.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

Murray, maybe I could barrow the one out of the Charger?  :thinking:       :rofl:

Jay Bee

I get all my batteries at Costco (Kirkland brand).

blown motor

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on May 19, 2024, 08:47:31 AMMurray, maybe I could barrow the one out of the Charger?  :thinking:      :rofl:

Maybe...but I doubt it.  :haha:

BIGSHCLUNK

Wade, do you run all year? Seems I usually lose mine from sitting over the winter. (in my basement, so they never freeze). Not sitting on a concrete floor either. There's a crap load of opinions on youtube (recommendations??).   
I Only trickle charge (like 2 amps) but that being said they dont seem to like sitting for 5/6 months. 

BIGSHCLUNK

And a related question... AGM type vs "regular". Anybody?

Brads70

blown motor

I just use a regular Napa battery. I trickle charge it mid winter to bring it up to full charge and then do that again before start up in the spring. I have heated storage and get several years out a battery.
@BIGSHCLUNK maybe you need Canadian battery. Hehehe.

BIGSHCLUNK

Impressive specs I'll say that. And the website says Autozone & NAPA. I will investigate. Thanks Brad

Murray, you may be right. With one exception every battery has died in storage.