Main Menu

Fuel Sending Unit

Started by 340Challman, June 06, 2021, 08:39:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340Challman

Is there an aftermarket mfg that you guys recommend for a fuel sending unit with the fewest issues. I'm not even sure there are different mfg's. A lot of times it's one mfg with many vendors branding them differently. Either way who do you guys recommend. Thanks
Kevin

usraptor

It's been a while since I bought mine but if I remember correctly I bought my new gas tank and sending unit from Year One.  I haven't had any issues with it and it was relatively easy to adjust the float level so the gauge in the car read correctly. 

Mrbill426

Best to my knowledge most aftermarket fuel tank sending units for cars and trucks are manufactured by Spectra Premium and re-boxed by so and so.

Quote from: 340Challman on June 06, 2021, 08:39:14 AM
Is there an aftermarket mfg that you guys recommend for a fuel sending unit with the fewest issues. I'm not even sure there are different mfg's. A lot of times it's one mfg with many vendors branding them differently. Either way who do you guys recommend. Thanks

moparroy

Always had good luck with Spectra Premium products - and good warranty support the once I needed it - BUT I have not used their stuff on the Cuda yet. Rockauto has the Spectra Premium sending units (and a couple others). Maybe steer clear of the off shore one although I am happy with their tank.