Main Menu

Harness meltdown?

Started by Spikedog08, March 04, 2023, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 06, 2023, 08:05:22 AM
So I have been looking for a new harness for the rallye gauge cluster I am wanting to install and appears they are all on back order . . anyone have any idea when they will become available?   I have a pretty good used one but still 50 years old . .  :unbelievable:

Have you tried Evans wiring ?

Spikedog08

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 06, 2023, 09:13:53 PM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 06, 2023, 08:05:22 AM
So I have been looking for a new harness for the rallye gauge cluster I am wanting to install and appears they are all on back order . . anyone have any idea when they will become available?   I have a pretty good used one but still 50 years old . .  :unbelievable:

Have you tried Evans wiring ?

I have found a new one!   :banana:  :banana:  :banana:   I can drive an hour and pick it up this week along with some new carpeting!   :clapping:  :woohoo:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Jay Bee

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 07, 2023, 06:50:08 AM
I can drive an hour and pick it up this week along with some new carpeting!
Hmmm, isn't it about 1 hour from Howell to Roseville, MI.  :) 

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 07, 2023, 07:07:52 AM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 07, 2023, 06:50:08 AM
I can drive an hour and pick it up this week along with some new carpeting!
Hmmm, isn't it about 1 hour from Howell to Roseville, MI.  :)

And Mancini Racing .. that is convenient!   Dave from Roseville said he had one laying around I could buy!  It's not what you know, it's who you know!  Well maybe a little of both can be helpful as well. . .

Chryco Psycho

abeasley

Spikedog08

Well dash is out and I have the harness out  . . Couple days and I can get the new one and some new carpeting.   Had a buddy come help remove the dash and he was very helpful . . Had some useful tools as is a mechanic at the local chebby dealership.   Meltdown isn't good and I think this will head for the trash once I get everything needed off of it.  Exciting to finally make serious progress.  I am also very please with how clean everything still is!   

71340RT

Dave glad you found a harness and keep the pictures coming looks like it will be back together in no time.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

chaps70rt

Check with Jon at Roseville Chrysler for the Rallye Harness by M&H.    I just received one in February.
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Lunchbox

I ordered a M & H 1970 Rallye harness from yearone last week, said it was out of stock at the time. Nice surprise, it arrived yesterday.

Skdmark

Good sign if they are getting harnesses back in stock that quickly. Mine took over 6 months to get last year.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Spikedog08

Certainly if you are looking for one . . At least give a call to some of the suppliers.  I was lucky enough to find one!   :ohyeah:

Lunchbox

I haven't compared my new harness to my old one, curious to see if there are any major differences and how options like the lighting package fit in with the new harness.