Main Menu

HELP !!! I need help please

Started by anlauto, February 26, 2021, 12:35:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on February 27, 2021, 05:53:02 PM
..it can't be that hard to figure out.
It can with me giving you wrong info about the yellow wire.... :sorry:
Follow what dmod said and you will be golden.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Dmod1974

Seriously, you're overcomplicating this.  Just hook up the wires the way I said and you're fine.  These are very basic circuits.

Let's say I'm wrong - at best the PCM and starter relays won't turn on.  You're not going to fry anything!  Again, I had to wire MY car this way or it will never stay running.

That blue wire does branch off somewhere and send power to the gauges through the fuse block.  I just looked at the schematic again.  Don't ask me where it splices but I'd have to assume before the bulkhead since it wouldn't make sense to run the circuit through there twice.

As long as you have a way of getting key switched power to them you're fine.

Ek2aar

Dmod is correct,  I was mistaken. I was thinking the yellow nuetral  safety wire for the starter relay and not the ignition switch. My apologies

If you are still questioning it, just do a continuity test from the red wire that powers the ignition switch to the other wires  and see what wires are
On with crank and ignition on etc..

anlauto

Quote from: Ek2aar on February 28, 2021, 12:10:00 PM
Dmod is correct,  I was mistaken. I was thinking the yellow wire for the starter relay and not the switch. My apologies

The yellow wire from the ignition switch goes directly to the starter relay via the bulkhead and headlight harness. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ek2aar

Yes, that is the correct wire,  for some reason in was thinking the yellow nuetral safety for an automatic.  But that doesn't run through the bulkhead.

anlauto

Quote from: Ek2aar on February 28, 2021, 12:22:07 PM
Yes, that is the correct wire,  for some reason in was thinking the yellow nuetral safety for an automatic.  But that doesn't run through the bulkhead.

That would be a brown wire with a yellow tracer coming from the automatic transmission to the starter relay. :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MoparDave

Quote from: anlauto on February 27, 2021, 05:53:02 PM
I'm sure hundreds of people have installed these engines using the crate set-up from Chrysler...it can't be that hard to figure out.

@MoparDave  Dave you guys have done these conversions, any input on my wiring question ? :))

@Blake@diyhemi.com  Any thoughts ?

Alan. we have Not physically done them. But we have some plenty. @303 Mopar  is familiar for sure.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

I've reached out to several people, nobody wants to give me definitive answer  :'(

Blake@diyhemi.com

Can I help?

I've been out of pocket trying to develop new products to market for these swaps.

What's up fellas?!
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

anlauto

YES, please @Blake@diyhemi.com .... scroll up to reply #24 in this thread and let me know if you agree with the wiring question.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: anlauto on April 27, 2021, 04:24:20 AM
YES, please @Blake@diyhemi.com .... scroll up to reply #24 in this thread and let me know if you agree with the wiring question.

Yep, easy.

Typically I use both ballast wires tied together to provide 12V key on. In your case, with the ballast resistor wiring removed from the engine compartment, you take the same two wires, but from the column connector and join them as you said. Works like a charm.
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

anlauto

Thank you for your input Blake  :drinkingbud:

72RoadRunnerGTX

Quote from: Dmod1974 on February 28, 2021, 06:32:16 AM
That blue wire does branch off somewhere and send power to the gauges through the fuse block.
One detail here is incorrect, the keyed power at the fuse box is not sourced from the from the Ign1 (blue) ignition switch. The black (accessory) ignition switch lead powers all key-on accessories separate from Ign1.
  Other than this one statement, the info posted and summarized in post #24 is correct.

70 Top Banana