Main Menu

Steering Column key buzzer switch.. YES or NO

Started by JunkYardFind, April 26, 2021, 10:00:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JunkYardFind

I decided to take the buzzer out. It was a tough decision till I realized I got a Mopar show/swap coming up in May.
Gonna sell it to someone that needs it and end up with some beer money for it :bigthumb:

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?

FE5CUDA

Quote from: anlauto on April 27, 2021, 10:03:36 AM
Funny story: A while back I restored a guys car and when I took the column apart I found that switch was broken...So talking with the customer, telling him what it was for and that I would have to hunt down a good used switch...His answer was clear..."just get rid of it...I don't want some stupid buzzer...  Fast forward about a year and a half, The restoration is finished, he's out enjoying the car but it has a couple of odd electrical gremlins so he has an electrical wizard look at it...
This guy tells him that "I'm an idiot" because when I restored the column I didn't even know that it needed a switch because the switch was missing... :looney: :looney: ...and now I'm the bad guy because this "expert" has to "redo" my shoddy work.... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Since then, regardless of what the customer wants, I make sure there is a good switch in the column, 'cause like Murray just said, you can always unplug the buzzer :banana:

I spent some time reading through the whole thread about that car and what happened to that "customer".  After all the crap you put that guy through and the type of money he paid for it, you have the nerve to post here blaming him for your short comings?  Yea I know, some of you will post  :deadhorse:, however had it been you that got screwed over so bad and received a POS like that, I'm sure it would be much different.  Listening to your phone conversation with the customer about the issues, you knew very well he wasn't going to let you have another turn at it so your "send it back and I'll fix it" statement was BS.  you knew full well that wasn't going to happen.  You think, over time, the money you took from that man will go away and then you somehow deserve a pass on your past transgressions?  And you wouldn't even cover the shipping that you would have had to pay if he would have sent it back, he did you a favor.

And you take the time to also dog guys that really are true professional?  Who fixes someone else's crap work for free?   Good for you.

JS29

@FE5CUDA   :bravo:  That phone call told it all, I run a small collision shop, And have had a few comebacks in the past. It is how you handle it when it happens is what makes or breaks your reputation.  :alan2cents: