Main Menu

Mounting MSD box on passenger firewall on 70 Cuda

Started by 7dcuda, May 02, 2021, 08:37:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7dcuda

For those who have done this ...did you have to remove the heater box to be able to mount the vibration mount pads to the firewall?

dodj

Quote from: 7dcuda on May 02, 2021, 08:37:36 AM
For those who have done this ...did you have to remove the heater box to be able to mount the vibration mount pads to the firewall?
I made a standoff bracket similar to the 72 and later oem bracket for the ecu. So no.
But after I had the MSD mounted on the firewall, I thought it looked way too big there so I moved it to the trunk.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

72RoadRunnerGTX

Scooter

Quote from: 72RoadRunnerGTX on May 02, 2021, 11:49:33 AM
Another option;

^^^ Mounted mine in similar location on my 67 Fairlane (battery is on the other side), no issues going on 10 years now. See lower right corner of photo.

GL

7dcuda

Thanks guys but I'm really only looking for replies to my question about mounting the MSD box on the passenger firewall on a 70 Cuda.

FSHTAIL

I mounted mine upside down under the battery on the battery tray, keeps your positive and negative wires short..
if you have a big block, you have a short run for wiring to the distributor.  I have a small block and run mine under the airgap intake, perfect fit.    :banana:
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Brads70

My  :alan2cents: as previously suggested make a plate to mount to the firewall, then mount the box to the plate . Hammer and a vise will work just fine.  In case you don't know about them look into "nutserts"( google it)  put a bunch of tape on the drill to act as a stop so your not drilling into something behind it.

ledphoot

Here is where mine is mounted

FSHTAIL

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

ledphoot

Quote from: Chris D. on May 03, 2021, 09:20:23 PM
Looks good.   

Quote from: ledphoot on May 03, 2021, 04:45:35 PM
Here is where mine is mounted

LoL.. Sorry the pics were orientated correctly on my phone when I uploaded them.. Let's try this again.

ledphoot

Damn look at those spider webs.. I guess I am taking too long to work on this darn car and get it done.

dodj

Quote from: ledphoot on May 04, 2021, 09:51:11 AM
Damn look at those spider webs.. I guess I am taking too long to work on this darn car and get it done.
I thought you were just tooo afraid of spiders to touch it..... :o
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill