Main Menu

Newbie questions :)

Started by cavemanno1, May 08, 2019, 11:54:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cavemanno1

That's okay never mind!
This blue and white melted  wire is going to the bulkhead and a to the ignition harness connector!
From the bulkhead it goes into a thicker wire which is black and I think into the ballast resistor!
I cut that black wire at the enginebay bypassing the bulkhead connector and run a wire through the firewall to the emergency flasher.Then splice a wire in for the ignition harness bypassing it!
How can I take the wires out of the connectors?I can't figure it out and don't want to force anything!
Told you i'm a newbie!

Chryco Psycho

cavemanno1

She starts up but dies after a second!
Starts up fine every time but dies!
Got fuel in carb!I only replaced the burned wires nothing else! :notsure:

Chryco Psycho

you have 2 wires from the ing switch , blue & brown , brown powers everything in crank position , blue is run , confirm you have power to both wores when in the key is in the correct position

cavemanno1

Now it doesn't even start just making a grinding noise  :headbang:

Chryco Psycho

so the starter is engaging but not working correctly

cavemanno1

Yes,but I have not messed with the starter wiring!
It was working fine till I disconnected all my wiring I have done!
I made pull apart connections just in case!
So after checking out why it wouldn't stay running I connected almost everything back up because I forgot to connect the emergency flasher and ignition harness and just the grinding noise!
After connecting now everything just grinding noise again!

What did I screw up?

73chalngr

Is your battery weak from all the cranking ? Sometimes you get wrapped up in everything and miss the obvious  .

cavemanno1

Wouldn't think so?It's only a year old battery and it should not get weak from cranking it 6-7 times,should it?

challengermaniac

Not really, although a short could have been draining the battery all along.  Have you completed a Voltage meter check?
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

cavemanno1

No, I haven't and don't even know how to. Plus it's been raining the last 5 days and could not do anything on her!
Wife is pissed off because suddenly everything is breaking on this car  :headbang:

Going to take her to the Mopar garage in Austria and let them fix it before I damage it further.