Main Menu

Replacing LED interior and exterior light bulbs

Started by 72and86, August 14, 2023, 11:47:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rumple

Left is red LED, Right is clear incandescent. LED is on/off where incandescent seems to flash in a "warm up/cool down" manner. LED is brighter which is what I wanted.

70vert

FYI: I initially bought all clear LED bulbs (thinking they'd be the brightest) but then replaced them with red/rear and amber/front colored ones and like them way better.

72and86

Quote from: Jay Bee on August 15, 2023, 10:37:31 AM
Quote from: 72and86 on August 15, 2023, 10:22:28 AM
The pic is mostly unreadable (too small).
Even if you download it to your PC.

Yes. I couldn't read it the first time you posted it and I was on a 27" iMac! Download or on the post it was reduced too small.

MoparCarGuy

Reference for hazard and turn signal flasher locations & how to change polarity on your turn signal flasher when using LED bulbs.

See picture for locations. The polarity can be changed by removing the small fused pigtail harness for the turn signal flasher at the ashtray location. Use a small pick or jeweler's screwdriver to release both the RED and BLACK brass female blade connectors and swap their locations. Instant polarity change without purchasing an adapter. $ saved. You may find that you need to use an electronic flasher that has a separate ground lead. Just ground it to the dash frame and your turn signals should work properly.

bc3j

Might consider a neutral polarity turn signal flasher. Don't have to change the factory wiring at the plug. I ground mine at the ash tray frame. Still use the factory hazard flasher as it still flashes, but slightly slower.