Main Menu

Speed Hut Gauge Question

Started by Mickm, June 29, 2017, 04:25:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mickm

Hi Guys,
I have installed SpeedHut gauges and now that I have the car driving I am finding my temp gauge to be reading 200°,  but when I shoot the radiator hose with a parameter at the intake, the reading is 180°. I am running a 180° thermostat and my EFI fan control is set to 180°. The fan comes on when the temp gauge is hits 200° on the gauge.

I called SpeedHut and was told it was probably a grounding issue but my gauges are grounded to a grounding strip that comes from the negative side of the battery.

Anyone experienced a similar issue?

Thanks,
Mickm

1 Wild R/T

Did you use teflon tape on the sending unit?

Cause the ground Speed Hut is referring to is the grounding of the sending unit.....And you don't want teflon tape to effect the grounding of the sender...

Brads70

:iagree:  I used the liquid sealer on mine. No issues. Compared to the autometer gauge there is a 5 degree difference, autometer reads higher.

Mickm

You are correct about the use of Teflon tape but I did not use any sealant.
This is one reason I am so puzzled.
Thanjs
Mickm

dave73

Did speedhut verify that the gauge/sender isn't faulty? I had what I thought was a grounding issue with my oil pressure sender, turned out my gauge was faulty from the start. Speedhut replaced it and all is good now.