Main Menu

Six Barrel set up ????

Started by bentpshrods, October 01, 2021, 04:26:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bentpshrods

I've had this six pack set up sitting on my shelf for 35 years. A friend finally convinced me to put it on. Probably more of a PIA than it's worth but it's time to change things up plus give the cuda more of a WOW factor under the hood. This set up is the full mechanical set up from the Hustle stuff program I believe. No vacume pods and the fuel inlets are on the drivers side so I will have to reroute the fuel lines. The air cleaner base plate rest on the front carbs inlet fitting. The outlet is straight out instead of pointing down. I plan on using all AN fittings and braided line to give it a nice clean look instead of barbed fittings with rubber hose and clamps.  I borrowed an original 6 pack hard line set up and it does not fit. So to start this mess I'm trying to figure out the inlet fitting size. Called Holley tech and was told its prob 7/8x20. Well that's wrong. Can anyone tell the size from looking at this. Carb list #are end--4783, middle 4782 if that helps. It looks like it's 9/16 x  ???, fine thread. (maybe 1/2x )  Found some fittings that are 9/16x20, 9/16x24, 9/16 npt, 1/2npt. Not sure. Some of the 45* ones are expensive.  Any tips on putting AN stuff together.  Thanks.   

1 Wild R/T

Should be 9/16-24, if you have a thread pitch gauge it would be easy to verify...

I think this has possibilities... After all, it's your $$$ I'm spending...

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetor_components/fittings_fuel_lines_and_gauges/fittings/parts/AT949094ERL

dodj

WOW! The price of those fittings could chew through a lot of cash in a hurry.  :o
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

bentpshrods

Went to Home Depot for another matter and tried the thread size chart thingy there but it is only good for standard threads so I finally found a thread pitch gauge you mentioned.  It is 9/16 x 24. I wasn't familiar with a banjo fitting but that does give me a different option that just might work.  Thanks for the help. 

340Challman

Quote from: bentpshrods on October 01, 2021, 04:26:45 PM
   I've had this six pack set up sitting on my shelf for 35 years. A friend finally convinced me to put it on.

It's about time.  :pokeeye:  :banana:
Kevin

Brads70

Nice set up ! For fuel lines I've been using stuff from here for years, done 3-4 cars with it now with zero issues. Various color selections and the PTFE lines hose won't break down with ethanol like regular Aeroquip stuff that needs to be replaced every 5 years of so. I find it easy to assemble. I also get parts to build custom rad hoses from here too. 

http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php?cPath=219&osCsid=6dd5cc73b412f25e6949c519f71b64d3

Jim AAR

I've been running these mechanical carbs on my AAR since the 80's. it's fairly easy to make your own lines, just make sure you drop the front line down a bit right away to clear your air cleaner base plate. and make sure it clears all your linkages.

bentpshrods

Thanks Jim AAR for the pics. What is the rubber line going into the manifold in front of the throttle linkage going to. Had not noticed this inlet on mine and had to go out and look. It's got a pipe plug in it now.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: bentpshrods on October 04, 2021, 09:13:48 AM
    Thanks Jim AAR for the pics. What is the rubber line going into the manifold in front of the throttle linkage going to. Had not noticed this inlet on mine and had to go out and look. It's got a pipe plug in it now.

Power Brake Booster

bentpshrods

Ok.  One of those DUH moments.  Wasn't thinking that far ahead yet trying to figure all the fittings and ways to do this.    :Thud:

bentpshrods

Short update.  Decided to give it some bling for that WOW look.  Went thru Summitt and ordered these fittings. Gotta say I'm impressed with Summits service. Parts to Idaho come out of their Nevada warehouse. I made three different orders to get every thing right. 2 showed up the next day and one order I placed on a Sunday had to come out of their Texas warehouse and it got here on Tuesday. Here's the results.  Hope to put it on next week.        :wrenching: