Main Menu

318 finned valve covers without logo?

Started by dave73, January 07, 2020, 12:09:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Anyone know of any finned 318 valve covers without a brand logo? Looking to make my 318 look very old school - don't like the look of the mopar performance, m/t etc stampings on the covers

Cudajason

they are out there.  I believe these are old Cal Customs.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

dave73

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 07, 2020, 12:33:03 PM
No problem.

https://www.mooneyesusa.com/product-p/mp647.htm

Those moon ones are great, thanks! I've seen a set for y block fords that have the fins running vertical rather than horizontal, look soooo cool but can't find them for mopar.  :pullinghair:

RUNCHARGER

I agree: They are soooo much nicer than the garden variety branded options. You won't have luck getting them at a blow out sale from Moon but that's okay.
Sheldon

dave73

I may end up with those moon ones, but these make my heart skip a beat. Have only found them for small block chevy and ford, no one makes them for mopar  :headbang:

gzig5

If you just got to have them, sand casting aluminum isn't that hard.  Read up on it.  If nothing else, if you make the forms, you should be able to find a casting house to make a run of them and sell the extras to pay it off.  Wood and bondo make excellent material for the forms.  All the cost is in the setup, there probably isn't $5 worth of material in each one.

dave73

Found a pair of brand new offenhauser valve covers, they retail for a whopping 475. Found a new set for 380. Still crazy money but they are sweet looking. UGH. Below is a sample picture