Main Menu

A41 Slapstick help needed

Started by 1973Barracuda, September 02, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1973Barracuda

Installling my A41, removed the stock gate and replaced it with the SIlverSport one. It engages all gears/slots except 1st. When I depress the shifter, it can't go down far enough to get to that slot/gate. The spring that surrounds the rod bottoms out. I do not see a way to make adjustments for that. Any advice is appreciated. I would call SST but it is the long weekend and wanted to get this going.

Thanks

Jason

Cuda Cody

Wish I could help, but I've never used one.   :sorry:

1973Barracuda

It may be fine. It could be my misunderstanding of what the gates do exactly. I put the three speed back in, looks like it functions the same. I will continue the install, I can always just take the shifter back out if I need to.

Brads70

I found it won't function like the stock slapstick . You can feel the detents from the transmission end. I've just lived with it.

1973Barracuda

Really? I actually think mine may. We will see. Again, I think one of the gates I was looking at, wasn't actually a gate. It's the last step, when I put the old plate back in, it didn't engage that one either. Well, we will see as I continue.