Main Menu

A833 ID

Started by Murray, April 19, 2019, 10:36:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Murray

Have just come over from the dark side (FABO) to find the info I need. Am restoring a '68 cuda, BB, w/A833, matching numbers. Machined pad shows all the correct numbers, dates, VIN. My question is in the yellow, ink stamped, three digit numbers near the pad. Made note of these three numbers during recent rebuild but painted over. Now I realize they have meaning and am seeking more info. The three numbers seemed to be "113". Can you help? Are these numbers part of a part number or they a "code"? Do I need to buy Galen's books? Any direction you can provide will be helpful. Thanks.

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @Murray   :welcome:  The guy that would most likely know would be @6bblgt

6bblgt

:welcome:

GG's white book shows all 1967-'68 4-speed a-bodies transmission code as "041"

I don't have a copy of one, but the number would also be on a broadcast sheet under "BUILD CODES" TRANS. (3-digits)

Murray

You guys are great! It almost makes me want to go out and buy an E-body. Thanks for the help. Now looking at my build sheet under "Build Codes" I see "041". This must be it. You just made my day, thanks for the help.

Chryco Psycho

Hi Murray
Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:

jimynick

While it may be case of "hi and bye", welcome to the site and glad you got the info you were looking for! :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Murray

No Hi and Bye here. I will be looking in on you boys regularly because of all the things I can learn. I was a Mopar mechanic from 1967 to 1971 so I love all these cars.

Chryco Psycho

Glad you are going to stick around  :twothumbsup:

JS29

:welcome:@Murray You were there at the right time and the right place of the original muscle cars era  :banana:

Murray

All of us old guys got stories to tell. What is great about websites like this is that it gives us a forum to share what we know and help others. You are not rid of me yet.