Main Menu

A833 number question

Started by Joegrapes, February 10, 2020, 07:18:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BigSig 6 Barrel

well . . . ok then

First of all, blow the picture up in size so you have a better detailed view of things.

A factory machined number pad would be absolutely flat, and have sharp edges around it's perimeter, also, often leaving a disc shaped pattern from the milling process . . . This pad looks uneven to me, and has rounded (sanded??) edges

Next, I can make out the outlines of previous numbers beneath the obvious ones . . .  especially in the date code and sequence numbers

I could be wrong, but that's what I'm seeing    :-[
~ A Wise Man Knows He Isn't

anlauto

Excellent points...I never "blew up" the picture, but now I see what you're looking at  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Joegrapes

I know exactly what you're saying bigsic. I've noticed the same thing myself. I cleaned up the trans years ago with scotchbrite pads on a right angle air motor so the fact that you don't see any machine marks would not be unusual. I only paid a few hundred for the trans so I just don't see why anyone would go thru the bother of faking this trans for so little return. It's not like it's a Hemi 4 speed that's worth a ton of money. It's clearly a later model A833 since it's a 4 speed and not an overdrive unit. But you never know I guess.