Main Menu

ANOTHER GASKET QUESTION..... Slow motion......

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, June 19, 2018, 02:37:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Has this afternoon been a azz buster.. good / bad / ugly. First off seeing everything on my intake was bolts - no studs I made up some guide pins. That worked out pretty slick.

BIGSHCLUNK

Next I cleaned up the intake manifold. It's been off before judging by what I saw. Not terrible I suppose but.....

BIGSHCLUNK

Now the marriage of honda & MOPAR.....  :pullinghair:  Geeeeezuz this stuff was out to get me and it did. I expected an almost liquid/creamy texture. That I planned on brushing on. This stuff was more like RTV that was sitting in the bottom of your tool box for 10 years. There was NO brushing this on this was the middle finger express all the way. Was it because the garage humidity was like a gazillion %.... ????  I was squeezing the tube so hard it exploded out the bottom...  :verymad: shit everywhere................. But by this time I was committed..... (or need to be). I will say my heads/intake were very clean so the stuff stuck to it no issue..... the ugly thing was it sticking to things it shouldn't be. Time for an adult beverage, I'm done for today. I pray it sealed... I really don't want to pull it again... 

1 Wild R/T

I'm sure it sealed.... Sounds like a tube that sat around a long time & the fact the top was cured makes me think it got opened since it air cures..

RUNCHARGER

Dang: You made my day telling that story. I was laughing and I could just picture you diving in and say the heck with it once you knew you'd be wearing most of it. Glad you got it done at any cost.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

It was truly one of those "situations" !! Because of the consistency I really could not do it the way I wanted to. My fingers and toes are all crossed! I'm thinking it's sealed  :please:  :please:  :please: Between it being a dew point the same as the temp... 90's. sweat running in my eye's and that stuff just everywhere  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang: Weird working in inch pounds, I could bearly feel the wrench "click" And I'm still wearing it today. Even a half can of brake cleaner would not get it off my hands. I managed to get maybe 5% of it off so far today. Lucky I'm not in a business that requires clean hands!!   

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: I remember the first time I used seam sealer. I had it everywhere, then I read if you dip your fingers in water you can mold it, man that was a light bulb moment.
Sheldon

Topcat

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: Topcat on July 07, 2018, 06:20:55 PM
Did you get it running yet?
No not yet TC, between the shop and family obligations it's been slow motion... Got to take care of my dad again today (he's 94). I am going to attempt to get the tube seals in today before  go over there, but we will see. The plan is.... tube's in - then covers on - top off radiator - top off tranny - check for leaks - test drive.  Supposed to be getting really hot/humid here again in a few days. If I can get in a few hours here and there in the next few days I should be golden!