Main Menu

Anyone put aftermarket cruise control in their ebody?

Started by Mickm, May 10, 2018, 07:45:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Strawdawg

Quote from: GY3R/T on November 15, 2018, 06:26:19 PM
  Why in the world would you want to add Cruise Control to an E-body..... :popcorn:
   Maybe the guys who use the electric carts at the grocery store.

I damn sure would like one in mine for those drives down the highway. 

You feeling snarky or just one of those people that think that everyone should think like you?  :)

Nice job, Mick! Looks factory installed :)
Steve

Brads70

I'd find it useful too but not real high on my priority list at the moment. Nice work and write up Mick! :bradsthumb:

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Mickm

Strawdawg & Brad
Thanks for the kind words my friends.

I went on my first trip this weekend, a three hours cruise each way. The cruise control made it such a better experience. Here is Louisiana, there are a lot of little speed trap towns you go thru and the cruise took the worry away.

I would encourage anyone doing an update to  document and post it. I'm sure at some point and time there will be someone who will be greatful for the experienced input.

Cheers!
Mickm

HP2

Nice write up.

I've installed quite a few aftermarket cruise controls on vehicles, but most of them were late models in the mid 80s.  I've never done one on an E body, but as you point out, follow the instructions and its a breeze. The operating principal is the same regardless of the engine its installed on.

Also did things like a/c, rear window defrost, electric windows and locks, etc. Most of this can be found aftermarket and adapted with a little creativity. ARA and Fridgette were some of the largest aftermarket vendors of these products. I think they are all gone now.