Main Menu

Are all 10 7\8 Clutch forks the same?

Started by RJChallenger, November 20, 2018, 08:04:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

I'm in the middle of final setup, of a big block 4 spd install.No over center spring yet. The clutch fork rod is adjusted to the very end of travel. But my pedal still has some slack that needs to be removed. New (BB) torque shaft .15" long pedal to shaft rod. I either need a longer clutch fork rod or a different 10 7/8 long clutch fork. I see no #'s on my clutch fork . Are all 10 7/8 forks  the same/ interchangeable. Any ideas would be help full.Thanks

HP_Cuda

Are these all parts for an Ebody? I know the B-body stuff sometimes gets misused.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Chryco Psycho

not suire on the different clutch forks , I would talk to brewers or Passon , could be an issue with the clutch as well , depending on the type of clutch you are using the fingers on the clutch could be sitting lower

RJChallenger

If my remember correctly I took the pedals out of a 74 challenger for my 70 challenger back in the late eighties. I've kept the best stuff and sold the rest over the years. So I cant say for sure where some of it came from. New torque shaft, Ball studs and hardware kit. If all was correct I'd expect to adjust the clutch fork rod to maybe 1/2 way up the threads? The three finger used pressure plate was in excellent looking condition, new disk. That leaves the clutch fork. Any thoughts ?

Chryco Psycho

jimynick

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 20, 2018, 04:32:09 PM
Use a longer adjuster rod from an A body
Good idea! But failing that, how about just cutting and welding in an inch of same sized rod in the portion that doesn't need to have the adjusting nut run over it? We used to call that a Bruce County type of repair! LOL  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

You could use a coupling nut to extend it also

RJChallenger

I'll get the A body rod for now. But surely something doesn't seem right about having to adjust to the very end of the rod? Thanks

Chryco Psycho

I have seen it before also & used the same fix , I would not lose sleep over it

RJChallenger

Thanks everyone . I went back through everything once again, with the same result, but ever thing seems to function properly/operate smoothly . Once I get the over center spring I think I should be good to go. Is it normal for the clutch pedal to sit higher than the brake pedal?

Chryco Psycho

RJChallenger

RUNCHARGER

How much freeplay now and how much adjustment left on the rod?
Sheldon

RJChallenger

I would say about 1"maybe a bit more of free pedal movement before you feel resistance. As for the fork rod adjustment,nothing .

Chryco Psycho

Sounds right , 3/4 - 1" is normal & the pedal will over center once the spring is on so it doen't ride on the throw out brg