Main Menu

Challenger wouldn't start today

Started by 1 Wild R/T, August 04, 2018, 10:16:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gravyboy

I have under 2000 miles on my Challenger since I bought it 2.5 years ago. Run out of gas twice ( unreliable gauge ). I got about 160 miles from a full tank on the old 440. I reckon the new 505 with twice the power is kinder on gas mileage. With a new gauge, new tank, new sender new everything ( tested sender through travel with multimeter before installing ) I thought I would be ok.
Still can't trust the gauge. I carry a long thin piece of dowel and poke it down the filler neck.
100% reliable!

Cudajason

Yeah we have all been there!!

I ran out leaving a car show once...well not really leaving, I fired it up to leave, car died. My traveling companion, my dad, went and got gas. Glad he came in a second car.

Ran out on my way to one once too!  Oo gas gauge, was sure I filled up the night before.  Passed a gas station and the car dies shortly after...ok like right after.  My passenger, my dad again, hitched a ride and grabbed a can of gas at the station we just passed.

Those were both years ago when I was a teenager so you would think I would have fixed the gauge by now...I did replace it, but it is still crappy.

Took my daughter to school last year, and coasted into the gas station on our way.  Nothing like running out with your kid in the car.   :ohyeah:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.