Main Menu

raising body over motor

Started by mopar jack, July 25, 2020, 07:38:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar jack

must have been there when I bought the car back in 96'.

screamindriver

A lot of guys liked to use those holes for rollback/tow truck back in the day...So the distortion could have happened at any time .. The E body front and rear splash pans were almost guaranteed to be damaged by the old equipment that was used back then depending on which end got the hook.. :pullinghair:..

crackedback

here's my approach.  Keeps the legs of the hoist out of the way too.

Couple of piece of angle iron and a crossbar.  This method doesn't pull on the rails to a mid lifting point, that is carried by the crossbar. 

mopar jack

I was going to put brackets at the bumper mount but when my car returns from the body shop  the bumpers will be installed and a 71 rr bumper is a pain to remove

Racer57

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 26, 2020, 09:21:55 AM
I've always done it differently , if you place jack stands under te front leaf sprin mounts you can lever te rear of te car & raise te front easily & keep it raised usin 1 jack stand allowin a lot more room to roll te enine under te car 
You know 2 letters don't function on my keyboard !!

Glad to see those pics and the way you do it. I never would've believed that your system works due to the difference in angles. Do you have to tilt the engine front up at some point ? It looks like the tranny would hit before your K member is anywhere near being ready.

Mrbill426

How is the angle of the engine adjusted so that when lower the car (nose down) it lands flush with the K-member?

:wrenching:

Quote from: crackedback on July 27, 2020, 04:24:27 PM
here's my approach.  Keeps the legs of the hoist out of the way too.

Couple of piece of angle iron and a crossbar.  This method doesn't pull on the rails to a mid lifting point, that is carried by the crossbar.

Katfish

Good question, in a perfect world you'd have the whole body in the air and drop it down level.