Main Menu

Cuda story

Started by Mixup7071, February 07, 2023, 05:14:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mixup7071

My sister bought a brand new1974 cuda, gold with white interior, I was 8 years old so I don't remember everything but I think it had the rallye wheels automatic console rear defroster am/fm radio with rear speakers, I sat in the back a lot, I can't remember the engine size, first year she had it she was taking me to school on a cold winter day she hit a bump and the windshield shattered, it all stay in place, about year later she wanted cragers and wide tires took it to a local tire shop and got them, when she went to pick up the car the original rims and tires were gone, they told her they stacked them outside and somebody must have stolen them, I remember she holler and scream even went to the police no use, then in1978 she went to the movies to see Smokey and the bandit and outside the theater they had a Trans Am to advertise the car in the movie, well you guess it she fell for it, she sold the cuda to my mom bought the trans am.My mom worked at our local school as a cook when she come home she would say everyday teenagers would wait for her they wanted to buy the car, in 1985 car started to need work she decided to sell it I wanted a truck at that time, she bought a1985 lancer more room , advertise it in paper , my dad was home somebody from Cincinnati Ohio bought it, the cuda was gone, about 6 months later the police came to the house the cuda was in a hit and run, the people who bought it never took it out of my moms name, police told us we have to get the license plate and turn it in to get it out of our name, my dad told me to find the car and get the plate, thanks dad, one of my friends older sister had a police boyfriend who ran the guys name, I went to his house the cudas front end was all smashed in got the plate. about 15 years later I tried to find the cuda but mom or sister had no paperwork dealership was gone and DMV couldn't help, the way it looked as I remember it probably went to the crusher.

anlauto

Great story, I can only imagine the stories that these cars could tell....back in the day, a lot of them were "just cars" used year round, daily drivers....most likely went to the crusher :'(  I was like 22 or so when I first remember anything about a Cuda....that was 1987 and the cars were rusted out 15 year old cars by then...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mixup7071

When my sister first bought the car she took it to a uphlostery shop had front and back seats covered in clear plastic , before my mom sold it the plastic covers were kinda turning yellow so she took off the plastic and the seats were perfect

Mixup7071

When she went on dates all the boys wanted to drive the car but she always drove, there was a couple times she let them drive, one I now call brother in law

anlauto

If that car is long gone, you could always build a tribute to it...Find yourself a 74 and paint it up in the same combo from when you were a kid...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mixup7071

I have thought about that years ago, I did buy a challenger that I kept 318 car that got all the changes we do to them, I was buying junk challengers and barracudas in the 80s selling parts, crazy what stuff costs now, I was cleaning out a desk drawer found a title of a 340 hard top challenger, all that's left is some frame pieces that sunk into the ground, I thought about giving the number to the registry but someone would take that number and make them a car