Main Menu

Dana 60

Started by Spikedog08, September 18, 2017, 12:32:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

@Spikedog08 - what gears are in your Dana?  I may be interested, would be great in my '68 Charger!  PM me please.   :andyangel:

Spikedog08

Quote from: 303 Mopar on September 19, 2017, 08:06:45 AM
@Spikedog08 - what gears are in your Dana?  I may be interested, would be great in my '68 Charger!  PM me please.   :andyangel:

I was told that it was 3.55's in there now but I question that . . . also have a gear setup for 4.11's on the shelf.  I would include that as well.  Not sure what it is worth, will have to ask to get a fair price.   :thinking:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 19, 2017, 08:44:22 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on September 19, 2017, 08:06:45 AM

I was told that it was 3.55's in there now but I question that . . . also have a gear setup for 4.11's on the shelf.  I would include that as well.  Not sure what it is worth, will have to ask to get a fair price.   :thinking:

Sent you a PM.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 18, 2017, 07:10:06 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 18, 2017, 04:14:30 PM
Dumb question but why sell it ??

Because I want to drive the hardtop on the highway more . . Current configuration makes it not that enjoyable . . I have a 8 3/4 now with a 3.23 in the garage that I want to install.  For me, drive ability is what I want . . . If I want to drive to a show 3 hours away . . I want to be able too. Convertible is fine for that but sometimes, I want to take the hardtop.  Some have suggested an over drive or a after market 5 or 6 speed.  I bought the hemi 18 spline not that long ago and hate to part with it . . I think  3.23 8 3/4 would suit the stroker motor just fine.

So no sense keeping the Dana when it will probably pay for it all?  Plus maybe help someone with a B Body wanting an original Dana? 

Thoughts?   :thinking:
You have a killer engine coupled with a 4 spd, I would swap to an OD trans either factory 833 or Passon hemi 4 spd with OD & keep the Dana , I built a Dana for my car with 3.54 gears & use the OD

Spikedog08

QuoteYou have a killer engine coupled with a 4 spd, I would swap to an OD trans either factory 833 or Passon hemi 4 spd with OD & keep the Dana , I built a Dana for my car with 3.54 gears & use the OD

I just bought the 18 spline from Brewers and of course paid top dollar . . .  :drunk:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Brads70

I too would vote for the OD 4 speed and keeping the Dana, but I can understand your dilemma. While I was at Hot Rods Drag Week I snapped this picture of a guy that wished he had a Dana.... :Stirring:
What could you sell the new 4 sped for? ... or trade it in where you bought it?

Chryco Psycho

I have broken too many 8 3/4 diffs ,& I am well aware of the engine you have , no way would I trade out the Dana

RUNCHARGER

I have to agree: I would strongly consider swapping to the Passon OD4, after you sell your current 18 spline it will be much cheaper than the other way around. Even your clutch will work.
Sheldon