Main Menu

Dana 60

Started by 70hemiRR, January 24, 2018, 03:35:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70hemiRR

Hello, first post here.  My father and I are in the process of restoring a 70 road runner.  We bought a Dana 60 and was told it was out of a 69 charger.  But all measurements indicate that it is out of an E body.  Unfortunately, it will not work for us because it is roughly 1.5" wider.  So now we are looking to sell it.  Obviously this is a very rare piece, so question is, what should we put on it for a price tag?  Thanks in advance.

Cuda Cody

Welcome @70hemiRR   :welcome:  Sounds like you have a cool project!   :banana:  If you do have a real E-Body Dana it's going to be worth a lot.  Those are pretty hard to come by.  Here's a decoder to help you know what you have.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/engine-transmission-and-rear-end/4/dana-ring-gear-date-code/4923/15

70hemiRR

Thank you very much.  I will check it out and report back

70hemiRR

Well it confirms what we thought.  Out of a 70 with 4:10 gears.  I took some pics

Cuda Cody

Dang!  That's a good one to have!!!!   :clapping:  I've seen them for sale in the $1,500 to $3,000 range.

70hemiRR

Thanks for the link that helped us confirm it.  I actually thought it would be worth a bit more, but I guess there is only so many people looking for that particular rear end.  We will post it for sale and see what happens.

Cuda Cody

It's a hard rear end to find.  Might be going for more now.  I have not seen one come up for sale in a long time.   :bigmoney:

70hemiRR

It is all rebuilt right down to the brakes, just need to paint it

anlauto

You should offer to trade for a 70 B Body rear end  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

You might get more if it's re-built and ready to go.   :yes:  I've seen people pay $1,500 to $3,000 for cores.

Quote from: 70hemiRR on January 24, 2018, 04:55:43 PM
It is all rebuilt right down to the brakes, just need to paint it

RUNCHARGER

I agree with Alan: Try to trade it for a B-body Dana 60 and a bit of cash if possible.
Sheldon

fc7cuda

E-body is probably worth twice as much as B-body, the exception being he might be looking for a 70 B-body and they are 1 year only.  Although earlier years will fit.  Probably list it at $3500 and see what happens.  :alan2cents:

I'd love to have it for my original 4.10 car.   Couldn't find one when needed and put 4.10 gears in an original 3.54 Dana rear.  I have a B-body one too, but we are just really far apart(distance) to do a trade plus cash.

Good luck on it.  :bigthumb:

JH27N0B

I'm pretty sure the 4:10 Dana in my 71 Challenger is out of a B body.   I was told the driveline came out of a 71 V code roadrunner, and I think 71-72 B body Danas are unique also?
Love to have a correct E body Dana in my car, but it would need to be fairly close by to make the logistics of the swap reasonable.

Katfish

Funny how things work out, I always wanted a Dana.
Just something about that rear cover, my buddy had 1 in his race Camaro and said he'd let me have it for $400.  I had no idea what it came out and just bought it.
I later found out, as luck would have it, it was out of an E-body.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Katfish on January 25, 2018, 06:16:08 PM
Funny how things work out, I always wanted a Dana.
Just something about that rear cover, my buddy had 1 in his race Camaro and said he'd let me have it for $400.  I had no idea what it came out and just bought it.
I later found out, as luck would have it, it was out of an E-body.

And I bought my Dana with the car attached for $400.... A 71 Hemi Challenger....