Main Menu

Distributor Base O-Ring 360LA

Started by Scooter, August 18, 2020, 05:01:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Scooter

Getting ready to remove my dizzy to work out interference issues with the back of the intake. Figured while it's out I'd replace the o-ring as there is some seepage getting past. Did not figure it would be too hard getting a replacement right? Well near all the local vendors list the o-ring as 3/32... seems small. I recall the o-ring being pretty fat at 5/32 or so. Anyone confirm what I should be looking for? 

headejm

I have a 383 but I assume it would be the same for a 340. My o-ring measures 0.100" so 3/32 is really close. The groove on the distributor measures 0.130" so a 5/32 o-ring would not fit in the groove. You should measure the groove in your distributor and go from there. Good luck!

Scooter

Quote from: headejm on August 18, 2020, 06:35:58 PM
I have a 383 but I assume it would be the same for a 340. My o-ring measures 0.100" so 3/32 is really close. The groove on the distributor measures 0.130" so a 5/32 o-ring would not fit in the groove. You should measure the groove in your distributor and go from there. Good luck!

Would have done that, but the intake is smacked up against the dizzy base and it won't budge by hand.

Hate to get it out.. file the dizzy base to gain clearance.. then be down for a week waiting for a 99c o-ring. lol. 

Good post on the SB mopar dizzy o-ring with photos I found here:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1787167/re-340-distributor-o-ring-seal.html

Scooter

Decided to get this o-ring set from JEGS:

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/40084/10002/-1

Comes with one stock and one oversize o-ring.

Ordered 2 sets for good measure.

Not the worst $20 I'll spend this month I'm sure...  :))

Topcat

Scooter,

Next time try ordering from Summit Racing.

Summit dominates the West coast more.
Jeg's dominates the East and Central more.

Summit is lightening quick to the bay area.   :alan2cents:

Scooter

Quote from: Topcat on August 25, 2020, 05:58:33 PM
Scooter,

Next time try ordering from Summit Racing.

Summit dominates the West coast more.
Jeg's dominates the East and Central more.

Summit is lightening quick to the bay area.   :alan2cents:

Roger that, Topcat.

The carb tuning kit I ordered from Summit 2 days ago is already here.

New metering rods and springs went in this afternoon.

Getting a handle on AFR.. not nearly as fat now.

Eyes don't water in garage when it's idling.  :bigthumb:

Did not see a similar o-ring kit offering from Summit or I would have ordered from them.