Main Menu

My engine mount broke, help please

Started by nsmall, September 21, 2018, 09:37:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

I've got around 5 years on my mag mounts from Mancini. Held the 440 in place so far.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cudakiller70

Well something else to do, I never knew about this, good info thanks. And I thought my car to do list was getting done, Ha.

nsmall

Keep at it @Cudakiller70 , yes add this to your list as wrecking a newly painted hood :pullinghair:

Watch other people's threads, very inspiring and helped me "finish" my project.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm good to go as long as I can figure out how to swap them out :wrenching:

Cudakiller70

Quote from: nsmall on September 24, 2018, 09:09:35 PM

Watch other people's threads.
This :iagree: @nsmall Reading about your hood was painful to hear knowing what you put into your car. As for other people's threads YES! I am finding weather it interest me or not, reading as many threads as I can probably will save me a lot of  grief and serious headaches. Amazing group of people here who take their time to share and help. :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

Factory mounts are a poor design , when they fail they let go allowing the engine to jump around , using a metal strap will prevent even a cheap mount from pulling apart , I would advise everyone do this . :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

The factory mounts would fail after maybe a few years especially in a 4 speed car. The chinese insulators today are delaminating while still in the box on the parts shelf.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

dodj

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on September 24, 2018, 08:38:12 PM
Well something else to do, I never knew about this, good info thanks. And I thought my car to do list was getting done, Ha.
Lol. You think the list ever gets done?!?  Funny guy!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cudamike

I put mag mounts on my engine after the rebuild. No problem with them but after I put them on, my headers hit my steering column.

Cudajason

I received my mag mounts this week...they look  like nice pieces. Simply idea that's for sure!

I hope I can get the on this week and take a few more spins this year!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.