Main Menu

Heater hose connections

Started by mjb765, June 13, 2018, 06:34:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mjb765

Are these heater hoses connected correctly. I read some places that they need to cross and other places that they lay flat (outer--pass side on firewall to front fitting on eng). Just checking that the hose nipples are correct since the heater core has 2 different size pipes coming out.

Cuda Cody

anlauto

The first picture is missing the bracket that holds them up and away from the alternator and they should be strapped to the inner fender like in the second picture. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Cody's looks nice. Make sure you have 1/2" and 5/8" nipples on the water pump housing to match the different hoses as well. Earlier water pumps had two nipples the same size.
Sheldon

mjb765

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2018, 06:55:27 PM
The first picture is missing the bracket that holds them up and away from the alternator and they should be strapped to the inner fender like in the second picture. :alan2cents:

That pic is old...I have since installed the bracket and strap. In Cody's pic they do not cross as I have read that they are supposed to. Does it matter or does either way work?

anlauto

I'm not sure why they would ever have to cross ?  Cody has them correct in his picture :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mjb765

Quote from: anlauto on June 14, 2018, 05:52:33 AM
I'm not sure why they would ever have to cross ?  Cody has them correct in his picture :alan2cents:

OK...and the 5/8" hose is in the front if I remember correctly?