Main Menu

HEI style distributor on LA motor -What plug wires?

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, April 07, 2018, 01:44:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

We are doing an EFI swap on a 360 and the MSD distributor has HEI style plug connections.

Is there an off the shelf solution for a set of plug wires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Brads70

Even on actual Chevy engines I've always made my own using a MSD wire kit. Various wire colours and end configurations to choose from?

GoodysGotaCuda

Other than the cap it's pretty much stock. Stock routing and exhaust manifolds. Trying not to source anything too fancy.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

GoodysGotaCuda

Turns out ~1993-2003 5.2/5.9 Magnum Rams and Vans and around the same era Grand Cherokees used this style of distributor cap.

Picked up a standard set of wires in-stock from the local parts house. I don't think we have a need for customs, the lengths should work out fine. :burnout:

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 07, 2018, 09:18:53 PM
That will be interesting , FI on a Lil Red Ex  :twothumbsup:

Put about 40 miles on it yesterday. Very impressed with the setup thus far. I know it was poorly tuned before, but man it's running really well.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

gumby

Had a buddy in High school that had a little red express. He left my parents house on day, and layed marks for at least 60 foot! lol.
Later, he broke his right leg and couldn't drive. He was old enough to buy beer, and I was old enough to drive.

A symbiotic relationship! lol.