Main Menu

Just picked up this 340. I'm GEEKED!

Started by whitsend, February 23, 2022, 12:31:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

whitsend

:burnout: I just picked this up for 1K. I thought it was a smashing deal. 1970 340 motor and bell housing. Will take it to the rebuild shop in the spring.  :cheers:

Dakota

I have a 340 as well.  It's a great motor.  What are your plans for it?  Stroking? Carb or duel injection?

whitsend

I want to do a total rebuild. Maybe aluminum heads and intake. Thinking I may go the fuel injection route.

bdschnei

Cool. Better start planning the rebuild now though. I've had parts, aluminum heads and camshaft among others, on order for months.  :'(  :'(  Hopefully the stuff gets here by spring but no one is making any promises.   
Bret

anlauto

That's a pretty decent deal...don't hear of them selling for $1000 much lately  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

whitsend

6bblgt

looks like a '71 model year engine @whitsend what's the VIN  :takealook:  can you share the stamped info on the front also

whitsend

It says 70 on the side of the block. I will get the numbers in the next few days and post. Thanks  :ohyeah:

6bblgt

since the production model year typically ran from August  ('69) to July   ('70) of a given year  (1970), the engine casting dates for a specific year would precede that by a few months or more

Chryco Psycho

Great score you frigging stole it unless the block is cracked  :twothumbsup:

6bblgt

:rubeyes:  it was in a truck with a 2-bbl & manual transmission  :o  what's up with that? - there has to be a story  :thinking: