Main Menu

Picked Up My new Dash Pad

Started by 72hemi, October 16, 2020, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72hemi

Alright I just picked up my new dash pad for my 72 Challenger and it looks incredible! Final test will be when I take the car to a friends and compare it against one of his original dash cars, but he and I have been texting some pictures back and forth and overall it looks really close. The line in the pad near the windshield is not quite as pronounced as an original, but it's pretty close. For my 72 this pad is perfect! I picked it up from Ed (www.themoparshop.com) and he gets them from Alan Fox. Talking to Ed he hand picks which pads he gets from Alan to make sure he gets the best ones for his inventory. I have been buying parts from Ed for over 20 years now and he is an amazing resource for parts! And it's super convenient that he is about an hour and a half drive from me. I will be doing a series of dash related videos on my YouTube channel Life at Speed. Here is a link to the first video of the series where I discuss removal and disassembly of the dash. I have been running the original dash pad with a cap on it for almost 23 years and it feels great to finally be able to install a restored pad into the car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVBTtWW90Ls&t=17s
Life's too short to drive boring cars

Katfish

Glad to hear you got a good one.  The key to getting a dash from Alan is definitely looking at it in person.  It's a crapshoot on quality, because it seems he'll ship anything out.
Took 3 tries on my dash and the 3rd is not that great considering the price.

72hemi

Quote from: Katfish on October 16, 2020, 07:53:00 AM
Glad to hear you got a good one.  The key to getting a dash from Alan is definitely looking at it in person.  It's a crapshoot on quality, because it seems he'll ship anything out.
Took 3 tries on my dash and the 3rd is not that great considering the price.

Thanks! That's what I heard as well, which is why I went through Ed to get it. I knew Ed would be meticulous with the ones he got from Alan.

nsmall

Thanks and thank you for making the video for someone down the road.  @Cuda Cody. I wasn't sure if we had a video about dashes in our reference section so I just wanted to let you know about this gentleman who made this video.   :bradsthumb:

dodj

The Viper looks ok too......

How about a few pics?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

autoxcuda

Ed from The Mopar Shop and Ultimate Rides will both be at Fall Fling this Saturday at Irwindale Dragstrip 10/24/20
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Topcat

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 17, 2020, 08:45:44 PM
Ed from The Mopar Shop and Ultimate Rides will both be at Fall Fling this Saturday at Irwindale Dragstrip 10/24/20

72Hemi & I spoke with him at Sac Raceway a few weeks ago and it sounded like he wasn't showing up this year.

autoxcuda

Quote from: Topcat on October 17, 2020, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: autoxcuda on October 17, 2020, 08:45:44 PM

72Hemi & I spoke with him at Sac Raceway a few weeks ago and it sounded like he wasn't showing up this year.

I've talked to him directly since. He's pre paid and all setup.

Just needed to resolve some things with track first.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

72hemi

Yes Ed will be at Fall Fling, he confirmed with me when I picked up my pad from him.