Main Menu

Picked up my 5.7

Started by soundcontrol, April 06, 2017, 08:29:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Just picked up the 5.7 I bought a while ago, got the computer, harness and electronic gas pedal with it. I was thinking about using the harness, if I can figure out how to modify it myself. Comes out of a 2006 Dodge Magnum AWD. It has a hole right thru the oil pan, never seen that before, is that special for the AWD cars? Whats goes thru there? Engine is going in my -73 Challenger project.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Yep that's for awd cars front differential shaft pass through.

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda Cody

That's going to look good in your Challenger!

Chryco Psycho

Cool  :cooldance: You wil needsome parts to make  it fit such as headers & oilpan & pickup

soundcontrol

Yeah, need that stuff. The -73 project is sitting and waiting for my other car to get done, just collecting parts right now. I bought it as a shell almost. Picked up all the wiring and Rally panel and some small stuff yesterday. I still need a a833 tranny with the shifter, linkage, bellhousing, clutch and flywheel if someone has one for sale. Thats the only major part missing now, then maybe some trim and smaller parts might be needed also.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: soundcontrol on April 07, 2017, 01:07:02 AM
Yeah, need that stuff. The -73 project is sitting and waiting for my other car to get done, just collecting parts right now. I bought it as a shell almost. Picked up all the wiring and Rally panel and some small stuff yesterday. I still need a a833 tranny with the shifter, linkage, bellhousing, clutch and flywheel if someone has one for sale. Thats the only major part missing now, then maybe some trim and smaller parts might be needed also.

I have a used Lakewood SFI approved bell housing with scatter shield that has bolt patterns for 833 AND T5 transmissions. I decided to use OEM 70 bell housing on my hemi swap.

I'll sell it to you at half price of a new one. Shipping may be a great deal though, because of weight.

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

soundcontrol

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 07, 2017, 03:53:13 AM
Quote from: soundcontrol on April 07, 2017, 01:07:02 AM

I have a used Lakewood SFI approved bell housing with scatter shield that has bolt patterns for 833 AND T5 transmissions. I decided to use OEM 70 bell housing on my hemi swap.

I'll sell it to you at half price of a new one. Shipping may be a great deal though, because of weight.

Thanks, have a link or picture? Looking for a package deal with all parts if possible, might have a lead here in Sweden, but if not I'll consider it.

Shawndp

Good luck. I did same swap in 73 challenger also. Any questions pm me

soundcontrol

Quote from: Shawndp on September 21, 2017, 05:30:30 AM

Nice! Like your air cleaner approach, I want my battery in the stock position also, any more pictures of that, clearance, where the filter is etc?
I'm not gonna get to my -73 for a while, still in bodywork mode on my -70 that getting a 6.1.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: soundcontrol on September 21, 2017, 02:47:53 PM

Nice! Like your air cleaner approach, I want my battery in the stock position also, any more pictures of that, clearance, where the filter is etc?
I'm not gonna get to my -73 for a while, still in bodywork mode on my -70 that getting a 6.1.

FWIW, i just bought an elbow for mine and some 45* aluminum tubing off of ebay to make mine. It could easily go to the passenger's side if i needed it to.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on September 21, 2017, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: soundcontrol on September 21, 2017, 02:47:53 PM

FWIW, i just bought an elbow for mine and some 45* aluminum tubing off of ebay to make mine. It could easily go to the passenger's side if i needed it to.

I had no choice but to move the battery to the trunk on the 392.

Shawndp

I was going to put battery in trunk but the hassle of doing it made me decide against it and the optimum battery is smaller than stock battery so it fit in pretty well. I had to make a battery tray cause stock one hit my PS pump fitting.

soundcontrol

It looks cleaner on the battery side but I really don't want the battery in the trunk, have not seen any closeup pictures before on the passenger side, glad that it can be done, had doubts that it would fit because of the hose there. (Have not fitted the engine in the car yet). Nice, thanks guys!

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: soundcontrol on September 23, 2017, 03:28:19 AM
It looks cleaner on the battery side but I really don't want the battery in the trunk, have not seen any closeup pictures before on the passenger side, glad that it can be done, had doubts that it would fit because of the hose there. (Have not fitted the engine in the car yet). Nice, thanks guys!

Fwiw id be tempted to try to not point it toward the header as much as you can. As it is, my intake air temps get up to around 150°F.

I may do cooler air fed box in the future, but the plan is to supercharge anyway.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

On my semi modern engine converted vintage car (not a Mopar) I use a stock style airbox & draw air from in front of the core support....