Main Menu

MSD distributor with stock 440 heads and MP valve covers

Started by 7dcuda, May 02, 2021, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7dcuda

Has anyone installed a MSD distributor on a 440 with stock iron heads and the cast aluminum Mopar Performance valve covers?  I've heard that there is a slight interference with the distributor housing and either the head or valve cover (or both).  Does anyone know for sure and know the extent of the fix?  I'm about to install a full MSD ignition system, including the distributor, and would like to know the issue and the fix to the distributor interference before I start the installation

7dcuda

Chryco Psycho

I don't recall having a problem but the MSD dist are a different shape so no promises

7dcuda

Just as info. for others...I finally got around to installing the full MSD system.  The MSD Pro Billet distributor fit fine without any interference with the stock iron heads or Mopar Performance cast aluminum valve covers.

chaps70rt

I have a Holley Hyperspark distributor (essentially a MSD) on my 440 with Mopar Performance Black Aluminum valve covers and it all fits.   The wiring running in between the two is a bit tights, but it works.   Hope that helps?
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi