Main Menu

Need help with parts list

Started by rdf, June 19, 2020, 10:34:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparLeo

Short answer is no. There were numerous linkage setups over the years and trying to piece one together is always a nightmare. The easiest , sure way to get a setup that will absolutely work is to get a Lokar cable set-up. No worries about linkage routing or length issues. If you want a factory setup, you will need to find the setup from a 70-71 E-body 440/727 car. I will try to get part numbers but this is always a problem when converting from one set-up to another. Even 2bbl to 4bbl conversions use different parts on the same engine.

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

rdf

Quote from: MoparLeo on July 10, 2020, 03:16:02 PM
Short answer is no. There were numerous linkage setups over the years and trying to piece one together is always a nightmare. The easiest , sure way to get a setup that will absolutely work is to get a Lokar cable set-up. No worries about linkage routing or length issues. If you want a factory setup, you will need to find the setup from a 7-71 E-body 440/727 car. I will try to get part numbers but this is always a problem when converting from one set-up to another. Even 2bbl to 4bbl conversions use different parts on the same engine.

I'm not looking for factory so the Lokar option may be best...but if someone has the setup and willing to sell it, I could go that route too.
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

Chryco Psycho

Lokar is the best route for most situations different intakes etc that cause issues with the factory style limkage .

RUNCHARGER

I agree on the Lokar. Unless you get a complete factory KD linkage it will be frustrating trying to piece a correct one together.
Sheldon