Main Menu

RH transmission - The Result

Started by Cudajason, August 19, 2019, 06:17:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2019, 12:11:36 PM
So to double check.... what we need is a  89-95 trucks/vans & Dakotas with 5.2 or 5.9
You would think it would be not that hard to find?

Correct...46rh transmission.  2WD

There seems to be a few 4WD versions out there...but what can I do with that!!!!

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

dodj

I called around locally and so far nothing. I found one in Saskatchewan. Two wheel drive trucks are kinda rare in Canada apparently.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

@Cudajason Have you looked over this way? I can call around in the morning but I expect the wreckers are all connected on the same network.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on October 31, 2019, 02:44:27 PM
@Cudajason Have you looked over this way? I can call around in the morning but I expect the wreckers are all connected on the same network.

@blown motor i have not looked out that way. If you wouldn't mind making a few calls that would be very cool!!!

Thanks man,

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

So far all I've found is one out of a 98 Dakota but I assume that won't be right and not a 46RH . Called a buddy that owns a transmission  shop, . He told me to call him back tomorrow when I offered to trade him for a 700R4 I have laying around..... He is a Chevy guy and wants my 700r4  ;):fingerscrossed:

Bullitt-

I played around here a little & there appears to be some in upstate NY

http://www.car-part.com
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Brads70

We gotta find you one so you'll have no excuses to back out of going to Carlisle next year!  :D :Stirring:

Brads70

Another good option is to find a whole truck/van with the desired transmission that is scrap or not wanted. Buy the whole thing for scarp price, pull off what you want then sell the rest for scrap and get your parts for free or almost free.   This is my preferred trick if I can swing it. Much to the wifes dismay at times.  :haha:   If you have no place to tear it apart my driveway is available for a short period of time?  Heck Murray has  a big shop to tear it down!  :pokeeye:  :veryexcited:

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2019, 03:46:42 PM
my driveway is available for a short period of time?
The Mrs in agreement with that? lol  You like to live dangerously eh?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

I could look around my neck of the woods, If you wanted to cross the border. 

1 Wild R/T

I don't know if Jason is looking for a core or a trans he plans to bolt in & run.. Personally I buy them as cores fully intending to O/H before use.... With that being the case a 3.9 V6 Dakota trans core is fine too.... Just plan to upgrade the clutches & possibly planetaries while it's apart..

Brads70

My buddy Darcy ( mopar hoarder! LOL ) just texted me ( he is in Arizona on holidays) says he has one from a v10 that he says has HD parts in them?  Might have a few of the others, recently scrapped out a bunch of them.  :headbang: Anyone know about them?  :notsure:   

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2019, 03:08:34 PM
So far all I've found is one out of a 98 Dakota but I assume that won't be right and not a 46RH . Called a buddy that owns a transmission  shop, . He told me to call him back tomorrow when I offered to trade him for a 700R4 I have laying around..... He is a Chevy guy and wants my 700r4  ;):fingerscrossed:

Wow man...thanks so much.  Please let me know if pans out!!!!

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2019, 03:46:42 PM
Another good option is to find a whole truck/van with the desired transmission that is scrap or not wanted. Buy the whole thing for scarp price, pull off what you want then sell the rest for scrap and get your parts for free or almost free.   This is my preferred trick if I can swing it. Much to the wifes dismay at times.  :haha:   If you have no place to tear it apart my driveway is available for a short period of time?  Heck Murray has  a big shop to tear it down!  :pokeeye:  :veryexcited:

I am open to that...I will start looking at that.

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2019, 03:33:42 PM
We gotta find you one so you'll have no excuses to back out of going to Carlisle next year!  :D :Stirring:

Well...the hotel is already booked and the wife is on board...so IF my car is down, I will just offer to take one of Murrays fleet...@Blown Motor!

I am going to be there come hell or high water!

Jason

Cudajason

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 31, 2019, 04:35:57 PM
I don't know if Jason is looking for a core or a trans he plans to bolt in & run.. Personally I buy them as cores fully intending to O/H before use.... With that being the case a 3.9 V6 Dakota trans core is fine too.... Just plan to upgrade the clutches & possibly planetaries while it's apart..

I would love to find one to just bolt in to go...but I am open to rebuilding and beefing up a 500 is I have too!!

Jason

Cudajason

Quote from: JS29 on October 31, 2019, 03:50:00 PM
I could look around my neck of the woods, If you wanted to cross the border.

Quote from: Bullitt- on October 31, 2019, 03:15:03 PM
I played around here a little & there appears to be some in upstate NY

http://www.car-part.com

Thanks guys....if I can not find anythgin in the next month locally, I will look out that way.

Jason