Main Menu

Searching For My Original 727 VIN: BH23H2B451025

Started by justincollier, July 07, 2023, 07:09:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

justincollier

I've never owned a "numbers matching" car, so my question in searching for my original transmission, is do you just post like this and hope that someone out there has it? That seems like the obvious answer. The previous owner stated that he had it "rebuilt", probably 30 years ago. When I looked at the numbers, best I could determine it had a late 80's 1-ton truck transmission. Either an unscrupulous shop saw an opportunity to help themselves to a Barracuda 727, or he agreed to have the transmission replaced and forgot.

So if the answer is post in forums and ask, I'm asking if anyone knows the whereabouts of the transmission from my 72 Barracuda? VIN: BH23H2B451025 

Thanks.

cuda hunter

That is the best way to do it with the vin. 
However, the stamp on the actual transmission would be more like the stamp on the motor.
You might want to write out what the actual stamp would have been.
If someone search's the vin stamp on the transmission it will lead them to you and your post if they search the actual stamping. 
Chances are, they wouldn't necessarily type in the vin as they wouldn't know the entire vin, only the plant, year, and vin sequence number. 
They would have to guess at the actual vin as the trans could have come from a challenger or a barracuda both bh and bs as well as jh and js. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

justincollier

@cuda hunter
Good suggestion on the actual trans VIN stamping. I'll have to double-check the engine. Should be 2B451025, and I recall the second to last 2 being barley visible.