Main Menu

1972 Barracuda Broadcast Sheet-BH23H2B451025

Started by justincollier, November 14, 2022, 07:13:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

justincollier

What we all dream of. Pristine and untouched for 50 years. Anything jumping out at anyone that would make this a special order?

anlauto

That's pretty awesome, you don't see that much these days :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

for starters, the car has "SPECIAL ORDER TIRES"  any chance the original spare is in the trunk?

any pics of the car?  fender tag?

justincollier

I'll double-check the spare this evening, but I'm not even sure it's the original. I have 4 wheels with an April 7, 1972 date code, but the 5th has the Pentastar 12 71 and 60.
Some may recall this was the car that had a US Secret Service sticker in the glove box. I was wondering if it had anything to do with that? Is there anything unusual about the vehicle delivery and handling section?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MoparCarGuy

Theorizing it is a government car ordered for law enforcement (U.S. Treasury) so it is a Y39 - Special Order with an "N" code Vehicle Order Number N00840.

justincollier

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on November 16, 2022, 07:18:04 PM
Theorizing it is a government car ordered for law enforcement (U.S. Treasury) so it is a Y39 - Special Order with an "N" code Vehicle Order Number N00840.

That would be unique!
I'm accustom to reading Ford door data tags, and the they have district sales offices (DSO) listed. 83 was government order. So, does the N in the vehicle order number indicate government/state order?

cuda hunter

On Fury's, the Von would typically start with a K on any cop car. There are a few exceptions.

Your Von starts with an N.   I am unsure what that means at this time. 

I have barracuda and a few challenger vons that start with B, C, D, E and M.  No N's. 

The only K I see on an ebody is a base challenger.  K's on C bodies signify police car. 

1-C and 3-M's   are on aar's.

Can you post a better picture of the bottom of the build sheet?  I can't make out line 8.   
There is record of an unmarked police car that does not have a K in it's von. 
VIN PM41U3F
P= Plymouth
M= Medium price class????? Not K for Police
41= 4-Door Sedan
U= HP 440
3= 1973
F= Newark, Delaware
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

justincollier

Absolutely. I've been meaning to bring to work and scan. I will do that tomorrow morning and post.

justincollier

Scanned Broadcast Sheet

justincollier

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 14, 2022, 08:19:17 PM
for starters, the car has "SPECIAL ORDER TIRES"  any chance the original spare is in the trunk?

I have attached some pictures of what I "think" is the spare. I couldn't get a good picture of the wheel date code, but it's K10  12  1  60. Seems too early for a 72 with a June build date.
Maybe the special order tires were radials?

anlauto

Quote from: justincollier on November 30, 2022, 04:56:25 AM
Quote from: 6bblgt on November 14, 2022, 08:19:17 PM

I have attached some pictures of what I "think" is the spare. I couldn't get a good picture of the wheel date code, but it's K10  12  1  60. Seems too early for a 72 with a June build date.
Maybe the special order tires were radials?

I think 1974 was the first year for radial tires....Could they have been an option in 72 ?  :thinking:  I would vote "NO"  :dunno:

6bblgt

a gov't contract may have required the latest/greatest in some aspect of automobile equipment ..... what's the DOT code on the tire?

:takealook:

6bblgt

& KELSEY TIRE makes that GOODYEAR radial WT tire, but ONLY in RWL - FR70-14  :yes:

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 30, 2022, 08:51:41 AM
& KELSEY TIRE makes that GOODYEAR radial WT tire, but ONLY in RWL - FR70-14  :yes:

Those are fugly  :barf: in the pictures....not as bad mounted on a car, I think a member here has a set  :thinking: