Main Menu

Small block shaker intake manifold

Started by vinsar, March 08, 2019, 03:49:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

vinsar

I am in the process of building an engine for my small block shaker Cuda and want to go with an aluminum intake. I really like the Edelbrock air gap but think it may be too high. Has anyone done this and made it work with the shaker components? I f so what intake did you use?  Thanks

ragtopdodge

Go EFI and with a very short throttle body.

Chryco Psycho

It will not work with bolt on parts , the air cleaner base can be modified though .
Accufab has the shortest Tbody [1.7" tall] for EFI but you have to have multipot injection Not Throttle body injection

76orangewagon

Before I tore mine apart for a restoration I was running a LD340 which measures 5 1/2" at the rear and 4 5/8" at the front I ran a carter AFB carb and 1/2" spacer (1st picture) and it worked fine, an OEM 1971 intake measured 4 1/2" across the front and 4 3/4" across the back bolt holes. Comparing it to the Air Gap at 4.9" at the front and 5.8" at the rear. Keep in mind the correct carb from the factory used a thick 1/4" insulator also.

vinsar

Thanks for that info 76orangewagon, I should be able to get it right based on those measurements..