Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Tough subject to tackle
every build is unique & has perameters to fit into
400 low deck
2 choices using a B block 
451 using a 440 crank ,I would use the longer 6.76 rod with a shorter piston
or 472 giving up a bit of rod ratio for CI
Again 2 choices you can use a 440 steel crank & cut the journals  with a 451 or just buy a kit with the right crank supplied & balanced 451 or 472 including crank, rods , pistons brgs & rings already balanced
I generally use 440 source priced right & they work / fit , this will remove 6 lbs of rotating mass so now you have  440 that will rev like a small block
I always use  flat top piston & closed Chamber head for better flame travel .
You have to do the math to get the right piston to get quench & still keep the compression ratio in the 10.6-10.8 rang with pump fuel & Alum heads
There are a number of head choices  soe are moe expensive than thers & some make more power than others & ore $$ doesn't= more power in some cases
I have used a lot of different heads , with different purpose in mind , there are some great street heads & some massive race heads , the best would seem to bee medium port slightly bigger the the port iron heads but not crazy port volume & heart shaped chambers Bulldog was great when they were available the new Trick Flow see to have all the benefits with little downside , Stealth & Super Stealth offer a lot of value for the $$ spent but lower power with stealth 
RB similar choices
512 is great for a street build with good rod ratio basedon the 440 block
again 440 Source parts basically drop in & are prebalanced with good piston choices
Head selection is the same deal everything from Stealth to Ind EZ or bigger B1 but I still like the super Stealth & Trick flow has the best all round pkg IMO

Most of these builds make a ton of torque between 2200 & 5300 with a very flt power curve so I tend to design am s to work in the 2200-6000 range & use stall converter & gearing with the same though in mind , the tq curve is very flat making the same tq @ each end of the powerband with only a slight rise so yo can cruise around 2500 rpm & still have peak power on tap,no need to rev the crap out of it  .

Intakes are a similar situation , I often use the Street Dominator as with a good port work this leaves nothing on the table & sit low for hood clearance , I also love the M1 single plane is a  great intake ,  the performer Rpm is great too but is very tall
To be cont

303 Mopar

Here is the thread on my 505ci stroker that is in my '68 Charger and pulls like freight train!   :burnout:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/engine-transmission-and-rear-end/4/505-stroker-parts-list/26/msg108#msg108