Main Menu

T/A Cylinder head picture ?

Started by anlauto, September 18, 2022, 02:01:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Does anybody have a clear picture showing the visual difference in the push rod openings of a T/A head vs a regular J head ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

cuda hunter

Just to throw this in here for the future reference.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Mr Cuda

I have a set with rockers I will sell,  then you can look at them in person.
PM me

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Cuda on September 18, 2022, 04:53:08 PM
I have a set with rockers I will sell,  then you can look at them in person.
PM me

:brainiac: what a great idea  :haha:

I have a set that came with a customer's AAR that I'm restoring, but they were not on the motor, so I want to be certain they were T/A heads before sending them out...I looked at them today and started second guessing myself... :console: I was thinking the holes were further apart, not closer together :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bossgold

915 heads with U cast on underside and date cast jan - Mar to match production range....and as the previous post shows the machining location rocker arm push rods. Check the rockers for mix and match rockers on the shafts i.e. W2 vs TA

YYZ

So aside from the offset pushrod holes, are there actually any differences in the castings?

I understand that the offset hole is to leave more metal for porting, but that stock, the ports are the same as a regular 340 head.

TIA

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: YYZ on September 19, 2022, 10:34:05 AM
So aside from the offset pushrod holes, are there actually any differences in the castings?

I understand that the offset hole is to leave more metal for porting, but that stock, the ports are the same as a regular 340 head.

TIA

Yes, that is correct.