Main Menu

W2 Heads on a Street Car?

Started by gzig5, April 30, 2018, 02:31:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

You will notice the dual bolt pattern around the exhaust port so regular large tube headers will fit .
What rockers does he have , T&D ?

gzig5

Rockers are Crane, so I'm not sure they are correct for the application.  Literature on Jeg's says that after 2001 these need the T&D rockers.  Going to call T&D today and find out how much for their rocker system.

The 55cc small chambers concern me though.  I found a calculator that showed all else equal, going from a 68cc chamber at 10:1 to a 55cc would end up with 11.6:1 which is too high unless you're running race gas or octane booster which I'm not willing to do. 

I guess I could run a thicker head gasket and shave a few tenths of compression?  What do you engine gurus think?  Other than compression ratio being higher for a given engine, is there a benefit to the smaller chamber?

I could go to a different piston, but that level of engine work isn't in the budget for a couple years.  Was hoping to plop them on with an intake and headers as-is.  Ah well, it's always a compromise.

Chryco Psycho

11.6 on pump gas with iron heads will be tough , quench will help but I doubt you could put load on the engine below 2500 rpm at all without detonation .
T&D Rockers will run approx $1000 for the set

gzig5

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 02, 2018, 07:37:58 AM

Just off the phone with them.  $1522.  :Thud:
Costs money to go fast I guess.

Brads70

Quote from: gzig5 on May 02, 2018, 09:51:40 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 02, 2018, 07:37:58 AM

Just off the phone with them.  $1522.  :Thud:
Costs money to go fast I guess.

Very true.... they do nice work though. They made me a custom set for my stage 6 heads. I sent them a head and they figured out the rest.

Chryco Psycho

was thinking it was $1500 canadian , that is 2k  :bricks:

gzig5

@RzeroB   Sent you a PM regarding the W2 heads.