Main Menu

W5 heads & intake on a street 416 Stroker?

Started by Canadian73, June 07, 2023, 08:44:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Canadian73

I came across a local listing for entire w5 top end for a reasonable price, and wondered about using on my stroked 340 short block. He's offering the heads, valvetrain, solid roller camshaft & a Victor intake. 

It's going in my 73 Challenger, which has currently a 340 w/ 4spd, but I was planning to add vintage air at some point.

I know I need new headers due to the exhaust port location, but can I run AC with these heads? Anything else to consider?

Brads70

Welcome to the site, not sure on your questions but Neil should know @Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

I would grab them , thy are hard to come by .
I set up a W2 system , it made crazy power , the later haeds used a dual bolt pattern for the exhaust allowing use of std headers the W5 may also have these .
Not sure on the AC compatability but I would bet you could adapt a newer Sanden type compressor

Canadian73

Thanks for welcome Brad70! I used to be on Cuda-Challenger.com, but that board seems to have gone quiet?

Chryco, thanks for your advice. I talked to the guys selling the heads, they said they have the unique w2/w5 bolt pattern. It does comes with a set of A-body adjustable headers that fit the heads.

I guess I could attempt to have those cut and customized for an e-body...